L.A. city council may take control of agency's debt
- LAPL Tax Plan Delayed. Oder, Norman; Blumenstein, Lynn; Hadro, Josh; Miller, Rebecca; Rapp, David // Library Journal;8/1/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 13, p14
The article reports that the city council in Los Angeles, California refused to place on the November, 2010 ballot a proposal for a Library Parcel Tax.
- L.A. council OK's library, zoo issues, puts off public safety. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;07/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30437, p3
Reports on a general obligation proposal by the Los Angeles City Council. Improvement of libraries, Los Angeles Zoo and Exposition Park; Public safety general obligation bond.
- DreamWorks break backed. // Hollywood Reporter;12/13/95, Vol. 340 Issue 11, p8
Reports that the Los Angeles City Council has voted to support a tax break to benefit the construction of a movie studio. DreamWorks SKG LLC as builder of the studio; Amount of tax break; Projected economic benefits of the tax break.
- Curfew is expected to broaden at Van Nuys Airport. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jan1998, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p22
Reports that the Los Angeles City Council in California, is expected to approve an extension of the curfew for nighttime departures at Van Nuys Airport, while looking at the postponement on a non-additional rule by the Los Angelos Commission. Details on the rule; Reference to the commission's...
- L.A. reaches compromise on water softener ban. Hooper, Larry R. // Contractor Magazine;Mar1994, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p1
Reports on the compromise reached between water softener industry representatives and the Los Angeles City Council that averted a ban on water softeners in the city. Ban of time-clock regenerated water softeners after January 1, 1995; Installation of demand-initiated regeneration (DIR) water...
- LA City Council approves Marina sales agreement. Shani, Mira // National Real Estate Investor;Aug98, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p28
Reports that the Los Angeles City Council approved an agreement between the Port of Los Angeles, California Yacht Marina and Holiday Harbor/Fleitz Brothers, allowing for the sale of the port's Cabrillo Marina in addition to monthly lease payments to the port. Value of the port's Cabrillo...
- The Los Angeles City Council. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/20/2015, pA02
The article reports on the votes given by the Los Angeles, California, City Council required for firms with at least 25 employees for paying 15 dollars an hour by 2020.
- PAVED NEW WORLD. BROVERMAN, NEAL // Los Angeles Magazine;Oct2015, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p24
The article discusses some features of Mobility Plan 2035 passed by city council of Los Angeles, California including repairing the city's sidewalks, increasing the number of female cyclists by 35 percent and extending the railway line from Los Angeles International Airport to South Los Angeles.
- The Great Mall of Hollywood. Goldin, Greg // Los Angeles Magazine;Dec2001, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p138
Provides information on the Hollywood & Highland shopping mall along Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles in California. Architecture of the mall; Goals in building the structure; Amount of money provided by the Los Angeles City Council for its construction.