An influx into money market funds helps produce record-topping year
- Variable-rate surges still leaves money market funds hungry. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;09/02/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30221, p45
Reports on the growth of money market funds in the United States, despite the rise of variable-rate debt issuance. Moody's Investors Services' assessment of the market; Investment of money market funds in derivatives; Effects of the growth to the issuance of municipal derivatives.
- Short-Term Demand Met by New Wave Of Derivatives. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;10/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30497, p1
Discloses that broker-dealers have released a wave of short-term secondary market derivatives in the United States due to a strong demand from money-market funds. Decline in governments' short-term borrowing needs due to anticipated revenue growth; Offering of five short-term products in the...
- SECONDARY MARKET WHAT IS THE CATCH AND WHAT ARE THE RISKS? // Personal Real Estate Investor;Jul/Aug2013, pP12
The article focuses on the rewards and risks of the secondary market in the U.S.
- ROC & ROL: Greater Issuance of Puttable Instruments Seen. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;01/17/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31058, p7
Reports on projected increase in the issuance of puttable synthetic derivatives in 2001. Result of growing popularity of money market funds and the dearth of short-term, tax-exempt paper; Creation and sale of secondary market municipal derivatives; Analysts' projections about so-called ROCs and...
- Goldman Sachs pioneers property option trades. // EuroProperty;2/5/2007, p3
The article reports that Goldman, Sachs & Co. has arranged the first option deal that has been secured for the fast-developing European property derivatives market. It is informed that the deal allowed an unnamed non-German institution to bet on the direction of the German commercial property...
- The advancement of a bad idea. // Pensions & Investments;5/26/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p10
The author claims that the financial transactions tax to be launched by the European Commission in 2016 will likely disrupt investment strategies by institutional investors within and outside the eleven countries. She explains that charges on financial activity including levies on stock and bond...
- NEW ON THE WEB. // Treasurer;Sep2014, p13
The article provides financial information on the internet such as response of ACT to European Securities and Market Authority (ESMA) on Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II (MiFID II),ACT Borrower's Guide to Loan Market Association and John Grout's blog on US Money-fund rules.
- Telecom Moves Up;Europe is Short. Appin, Rick; Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;8/6/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 31, pN.PAG
Focuses on the secondary market of the U.S. and Europe. Improvement in the telecommunication sector; Price of auto supplier Dana Corp's notes; Financial performance of Telewest for the second quarter of 2001.
- Perceptions of, and influences on, derivatives investments: A study of Indian investors. Ganesan, P.; Rengamani, K. T.; Kiruthiga, P. // Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation;2004, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p365
Derivatives are a new segment of secondary market operations in India. The nuances of these trades are complex, making it hard for Indian investors to understand and also to make profits in derivatives trading. The impact of normal prices on the futures market price were analysed for seven...