N.Y. public library: It's name means more than an upgrade
- NYPL branch libraries avert $$ cut. // Library Journal;11/15/1980, Vol. 105 Issue 20, p2372
Reports on the progress of the New York Public Library's (NYPL) efforts to maintain library services in New York City in the face of threatened funding losses, as of November 15, 1980. Success of NYPL in averting a cut in its proposed budget; Funding requirements of NYPL branches.
- NYPL branch libraries head off cutbacks. // Library Journal;10/1/1979, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p2026
Reports that a prospective budget cut for the New York Public Library's Branch Libraries Systems was overriden by votes of the City Council and the Board of Estimate. Total budget for the city's three library systems; Austerity plan of New York City Mayor Edward Koch.
- CUTS AT NYC LIBRARY SYSTEMS. Oder, Norman; Blumenstein, Lynn; Hadro, Josh // Library Journal;3/1/2010, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that hours have been cut at the New York Public Library and the Queens Library.
- BLOOMBERG PROPOSES NEARLY $100 MILLION CUT IN NYC. Kelley, Michael; Schwartz, Meredith; Lee, Michelle; Warburton, Bob // Library Journal;3/1/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that the New York City budget for the fiscal year of 2012 to 2013 released by mayor Michael R. Bloomberg contains major budget cuts for the city's library systems including the Queens Library, the New York Public Library, and the Brooklyn Public Library.
- N.Y. libraries face more $$ & staff cutbacks. // LJ: Library Journal;2/15/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p570
Examines the effects of the library funding cutback ordered by the New York City government on public libraries in the area. Closure of eight neighborhood branches of the New York Public Library; Termination of numerous library positions in the Buffalo and Erie County Public Library; Rejection...
- NEH halts aid to NYPL. G.F. // American Libraries;Jul/Aug88, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p563
Reports on The National Endowment for the Humanities'(NEH) denial of the New York Public Library's (NYPL) request for full funding. Reduction of grant for fiscal year 1989; Uses of the grants received in previous years; Remarks of NYPL president Vartan Gregorian.
- Astor Fund Pledges $5 Million to NYPL. // School Library Journal;Dec77, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p11
Reports on a challenge grant to be given by the Vincent Astor Foundation to bolster the New York Public Library's capital-fund drive. Need for the library to raise a certain amount of money in order to receive the grant; How the money will become part of the library's endowment or capital...
- Library budget sunshine: gifts, book $$, lobbying. // LJ: Library Journal;2/1/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p464
Reports on developments related to library finance in the United States, compiled as of February 1976. Donation awarded by the Vincent Astor Foundation to the New York Public Library; Increase in the book buying budget of the Monroe County Library System in Michigan; Payment of library...
- Greenwood Public Library, Ind., Upgraded to A by S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34409, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its long-term rating on Greenwood Public Library, Ind.'s series 2010 general obligation refunding and improvement bonds to A from A-minus.