Hungry players await Los Angeles, Florida lottery deals
- Market Post: Fla. BOE on Tap; Munis Slightly Stronger. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;1/29/2015, p21
The article presents update on municipal bond market deals in the U.S. as of January 29, 2015. Data provided shows the amount of the credit public education capital outlay refunding bonds to be sold by the Florida State Board of Education, the general obligation refunding bonds awarded by San...
- Municipal Prices End Little Changed; $365 Million of S.F. Airport Bonds Sell. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31335, p2
Reports the status of municipal bond prices in San Francisco Airport Commission revenue refunding bonds in California. Decrease of the gross domestic product; Improvement of the labor market; Trend of the interest costs.
- New York City Water Finance Agency Plans Refunding for Early October. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p7
Announces the marketing on the advance refunding bonds of the New York City Municipal Water Finance Authority. Information on the deal with the Environmental Facility Corp. (EFC); Percentage subsidy granted by the EFC for the city debt service payments on the bonds; Factors to the refinancing.
- Rhode Island. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30211, p24
Reports that Rhode Island's cash-flow savings from bond refinancing is helping offset some of the additional cost incurred when the state refinanced a certificate of participation deal on August 8, 1997.
- Despite volatile rates, Florida issuers move ahead on refundings. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30214, p27
Reports on developments concerning the revenue bond refunding activities in Florida as of August 21, 1997. Key West's efforts to refund $9.3 million of marina revenue bonds that were sold in 1993; Dade County School Board's search for underwriters to assist in the refunding process.
- Virginia supervisors and taxpayers squabble over refunding. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30215, p5
Discloses the dispute between Loudoun County, Virginia supervisors and taxpayers over a proposed refunding of a 1994 certificate of participation issue with lease-revenue bonds. Bond validation suit filed by taxpayers; Industrial Development Authority's approval of issuing lease-revenue bonds...
- Investors warm to Port St. Lucie, Fla., deal; Oct. 1 call date fuels demand. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;09/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30228, p7
Discloses the factors that contributed to the positive reception for $136 million city of Port St. Lucie utility system refunding and improvement revenues offering in Florida. Expectations of investors on the deal; Investors' eyeing high-yielding sector to get above-average returns.
- Treasuries slip as municipals sag under weight of $1... Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/05/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30267, p1
Reports on the tax-exempt supply weighed on municipal prices as secondary municipal bond prices ended the session down overall, according to a New York-based trader. Information on how the trading took place; Consequence of the cheap relationship between municipals and treasuries; Bonds traded...
- California readies $1 billion GO refunding, its largest ever. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;01/23/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30316, p3
Reports on California's plan to issue as much as $1 billion of general obligation refunding bonds. Public Resources Advisory Group as financial adviser for the proposed refunding; Orrick Herrington and Sutcliffe as bond counsel.