Bond Buyer Indexes Rise on Falling Oil Prices, Fat Supply
- Diverging Benchmarks Complicate Pricing. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;6/12/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33927, p1
The article discusses the impact of the municipal bond market's illiquidity on the market price discovery. It mentions that the market traders are facing difficulties in pricing as it is getting complicated due to the divergences in the indexes used for tracking the benchmark yields. It also...
- Bond Buyer Municipal Indexes Turn Mixed. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/15/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F350, p1
In the week ended Jan. 14, the weekly average yield to maturity of the Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index fell three basis points to 4.15% from 4.18% in the previous week. The BB40 Index is based on the price of 40 long-term bonds.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Weaken. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/18/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F392, p1
In the week ended Nov. 17, the weekly average yield to maturity of the Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index rose 22 basis points to 4.19% from 3.97% in the previous week. The BB40 Index is based on the price of 40 long-term bonds.
- Muni Bond Indexes Weaken. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;8/28/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F333, p1
The weekly average yield to maturity of The Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index, which is based on 40 long-term bond prices, was three basis points higher to 4.40% for the week ended Aug. 20 from 4.37% in the previous week.
- Indexes End Little Changed Among $4B of New Issues. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p38
Reports on the change in the bond buyer yield indexes and the municipal underwriters price. Effect of the increase in the crossover sale on the municipal bond prices; Decrease in the Bond Buyer's one-year note index; Status of the 30-year revenue bond; Help of the government market's strength...
- All Bond Buyer Indexes Rise as Sell-Off Pushes Yields Higher. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/23/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32036, p32
This article focuses on the effects of the all Bond Buyer Indexes rise. All of The Bond Buyer's yield indexes rose, as a marginal sell-off on December 17, 2004 pushed up yields slightly despite an otherwise uneventful week leading up to the holidays. Many mini investors appeared to hold on to...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p32
Presents data concerning the U.S. municipal bond market as of April 14, 2005. Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. securities prices; Visible supply declines; Municipal market data general obligation yields; Reoffering yields; Municipal bond index; Municipal bond prices.
- Revenue Index At All-Time Low. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31840, p1
Cites the decline in "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's revenue bond index as of March 12, 2004. Decline in the municipal bond index; Developments related to economic conditions in the U.S.; Factors affecting the bond market.
- Munis Slightly Weaker in Modest Trading. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32482, p2
The article presents the updates related to the bond market in the U.S. These include the yield indexes from several interdealer trades; the performance of the Treasury market, as well as the yield on the benchmark Treasury note. The prediction by IFR Markets regarding the seasonally adjusted...