Spreading the Wealth
- Arizona. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p18
Reports that Title 42 tax code has been recodified, with the greatest changes in the area of property taxation. Change in the number of chapters in the original tax code; Aspects of the tax code which will not be change as a result of the recodification.
- Bid to Abolish Arkansas Property Tax Has Experts Nervous. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/25/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30877, p3
Reports on municipal bond issuers and rating agencies' warning against a possible financial catastrophe if Arkansas voters embrace a tax-reform initiative that could wind up on a statewide ballot in November 2000. Proposed amendment of the state's constitution to completely abolish property...
- PROPERTY TAX NEWS. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p10
Presents an update on property tax in the U.S. as of September/October 2002. Approach to determining the property's value in an assessment; Qualifications for exemption for hospitals; Reason for taxing an oil pipeline as a personal property.
- GEORGIA. // Property Tax Alert;Jul2010, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
The article announces a number of tax regulatory updates in the state of Georgia including changes in HB1191 relating to the intangible recording property tax, HB 1105's grant of tax exemption until December 31, 2010 for watercraft owned by a dealer and held in inventory for sale or resale, and...
- New Hampshire. // Assessment Journal;May/Jun99, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p52
Reports that a number of changes in state tax programs were enacted through legislation designed to remedy the educational funding scheme in New Hampshire. Information on the uniform education property tax and a utility property tax; Rules regarding the nuclear station property tax.
- Buy now, save later. // State Government News;Sep97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p14
Provides information on property taxation in Minnesota. Payment of a one-time rebate which will return 20% of property taxes paid in 1997 to all homeowners and renters in the state based on an omnibus tax law; Other provisions of the law.
- Tax Notes. Gelt, Theodore Z.; Beall, Ingrid L.; Luscombe II, George A. // American Bar Association Journal;Jul77, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p1020
Presents news briefs relating to tax law in the United States as of July 1977. Inclusion of the basis of property in the hands of a person who acquired it from a decedent under Section 1014(a) of the Internal Revenue Code; Avoidance of the imposition of income tax on appreciation that occurred...
- Perplexing property people. Friedland, Robin // Finance Week;10/1/99, p27
Reports on the amendment of South Africa's Income Tax Act which will require owners of fixed property with trading stock status to pay tax. Exchange of fixed property for quoted shares; Income tax safe haven for quoted shares sold after five years; Deferment of income tax on the value of a deal...
- Time to end talk about tax reform and just do it. Nowlan, James D. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/23/98, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p11
Opinion. Discusses the need for implementing tax reform efforts in Cook County, Illinois. Political insiders in charge of the efforts; State of property taxes in the area; Recommended tax changes to enhance affordable housing and stabilize communities.