The Riding Man
- The next Guv? Reiff, Rick // Orange County Business Journal;11/14/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 46, p71
The article reports on the actor who pursued governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in the just-concluded gubernatorial campaign in California.
- JUST WHAT IS IT THAT MAKES TODAY'S POLITICIANS SO DIFFERENT, SO APPEALING? // Los Angeles Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p102
Assesses the potential of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Types of gubernatorial candidates in California in the 2003 elections; Strategy of Schwarzenegger in addressing the state's woes.
- The Mean Green Machine. Breslau, Karen // Newsweek;6/19/2006, Vol. 147 Issue 25, p40
The article discusses California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and his re-election campaign which focuses on environmental issues. Schwarzenegger's plans for a "Hydrogen Highway" and strict limits on greenhouse-gas emissions are mentioned. The debate regarding environmental concerns and...
- Gov. Clout Put to Test on Election Day Races. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;10/25/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the test of political power of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in November 2, 2004 Election in California. Number of ballot measures and legislative races initiated by Schwarzenegger; Ability and political influence applied in the campaign period in support to Republican political...
- The Sound of Money. Goodin, Emily // National Journal;6/11/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p1778
Reports on the conference calls between California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and charitable donors concerning the causes being led by the governor. Focus of the campaign strategy of Schwarzenegger; Schedule of the conference calls; Selection of donors who will be participating in the...
- FILLING IN THE BLANKS. Meyerson, Harold // Los Angeles Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p106
Comments on the election of Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor of California in October 2003. Ambiguity in the political identity of Schwarzenegger; Efforts done to win the support of the California Teachers Association; Incidents which enabled Schwarzenegger to avoid answering the questions of...
- Sex and the Candidate. Wolff, Michael // New York;9/29/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p22
Analyzes how the subject of sex is treated in U.S. politics by examining how opponents of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is running for California governor, might use stories about his purported predatory sexual appetite to ruin his candidacy. Schwarzenegger's perceived sensitivity failings...
- All About Arnold. Goodin, Emily // National Journal;6/25/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 26, p2078
Focuses on the implications of the November 2005 special election ordered by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for the 2006 campaigns of several contenders for statewide office. Political impact of the measures on the 2005 ballot according to Jude Barry, manager of state Controller...
- California's action hero. Barone, Michael // U.S. News & World Report;8/18/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 5, p19
Offers a look at actor Arnold Schwarzenegger's entry into the California governor's race. Possibility for recall of Democratic incumbent Gray Davis; Statement that Davis could win against Schwarzenegger through negative campaigning; Discussion of what a Schwarzenegger victory would mean nationally.