- Moody's Upgrades Wisconsin COPs to Aa3. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;09/19/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30978, p6
Reports on the upgrade of the rating of Wisconsin's certificates of participation.
- Sarasota County, Fla., Schools Will Get Just 2 Ratings for COP Sale to Cut Costs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31639, p4
Sarasota County, Florida, School Board is considering the costs associated with a planned sale of certificates of participation (COP) in June, 2003. The board will competitively sell 61.1 million dollar of insured refunding COP on June 3, and will get ratings from only two of the three major...
- S&P Lowers Vallejo COPs to C As City Progresses on Bankruptcy. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/17/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33283, p5
The article reports on the decline of Vallejo's certificates of participation (COPs) to C rating in California. This rating result is attributed to the near completion of its bankruptcy restructuring which includes debt-service moratorium. It points out that this action affects 4.8 million...
- CALIFORNIA: Trinity COPs No Longer Junk. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/24/2007, Vol. 261 Issue 32699, p9
The article reports on the return of the underlying rating for Trinity County certificates of participation (COP) to investment grade by Fitch Ratings in California. The upgrade affects the underlying rating for about $715,000 of county COPs. The COP was upgraded based on the county's transfer...
- Raleigh, N.C., COPs Upgraded. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p2
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade Raleigh, North Carolina's certificates of participation, Series 1999 equipment acquisition project.
- Vallejo USD, Calif., Downgraded by Moody's. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has lowered its rating of California's Vallejo City Unified School District certificates of participation from Baa2 to Ba1.
- Feeling Subprime Effects. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p1
The article reports on the issues concerning the underlying rating for several debt issues backed by Chula Vista's general fund in California. According to the report, Standard & Poor's Corp. downgraded the city's $116 million of outstanding certificates of participation, issued in 2002, 2004...
- Novato Sanitary District, Calif., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it raised its long-term rating to AA-minus from A-plus on Novato Sanitary District, Calif.'s wastewater revenue certificates of participation.
- Sierra CCD, Calif., COPs Up to A+ by S&P. // Bond Buyer;9/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31975, p2
Reports on the rise in the rating on California's Sierra Joint Community College District certificates of participation to A-plus from A by Standard &Poor's Corp. Growth of the tax base; Reflection of the district's covenant to budget and appropriate lease payments; Appropriation of lease...