Banker Carey Joins Goldman from Citigroup
- B of A Hires Investment-Grade Chief. Davis, Paul // American Banker;10/6/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 193, p2
Reports that Bank of America Corp. has hired a Goldman Sachs & Co. investment banker, Alastair Borthwick, as its head of investment-grade debt capital markets. Highlights from Mr. Borthwick's professional background.
- Goldman Hires Four in Hedge Fund Unit . // American Banker;1/24/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 16, p7
Reports the selection of several portfolio managers at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. Appointment of Terrence O. Jones at Goldman Sachs in the U.S.; Responsibilities of Arne Hassel at Goldman Sachs in Europe; Growth of the hedge fund market of the company.
- SQUEAK E. CLEAN? THEN GO TO GOLDMAN. Tunick, Britt Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/3/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on the employee recruitment strategies of the U.S.-based company, Goldman Sachs & Co. Corporate history of Goldman; Explanation on the interview processes followed by Goldman; Comments on the interview processes of Goldman.
- Goldman Reels In MD of Sales. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;1/14/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, pN.PAG
Reports that Doug Angstrom has joined U.S.-based finance company Goldman Asset Management (GSAM) as of January 2002. Position to held by Angstrom at the company; Background of Angstrom; Details of GSAM.
- Goldman Thinking Small in Asia. // American Banker;6/5/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 107, p20
Reports on Goldman Sachs Group Inc. attempt to identify Asia's next generation of billion-dollar companies. Efforts to reduce their fees from clients as well as the paring of the Asian client list by two-thirds; How working with smaller clients will assist Goldman's investment bankers.
- Goldman names Kolman managing director. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30753, p36
Announces the appointment of Richard E. Kolman as managing director of Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Goldman Sachs Hires Former B of A Exec. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;2/1/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 22, p20
Announces the hiring of Kathleen Brown by Goldman Sachs & Co. as managing director and senior adviser in its West Coast private wealth management business. Career history of Brown.
- A BOTTOM FOR THE MAGAZINE INDUSTRY? Wirth, Gregg // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/25/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p52
Features the business plan of Goldman Sachs to funds its own magazine unit in the United States. Comments of the media analysts and bankers on Goldman plan; Leverage of the start-up money; Struggles of Goldman on publishing icon for venture.
- In Tumultuous year for Goldman, Investment Bankers Hold sway. Keegan, Jeffrey // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/25/99, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on Goldman Sachs & Co.'s investment bankers who are said to have singlehandedly kept the partnership on track despite a tumultuous year in 1998. Bankers' production of results in the firm's mergers-and-acquisitions advisory business; Firm's picking up of six Deal of the Year awards;...