Standard & Poor's Moves Pittsburgh's 'BB' GO Rating to Its Watch List
- Homebuilder Issues New Debt. // National Mortgage News;6/27/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p17
Reports on the ratings given by Fitch Rating to KB Home's senior unsecured notes due on June 15, 2015 in the U.S. Positive outlook on the rating; Use of proceeds from the new debt issue to pay down bank debt and for other corporate purposes; Reflection of KB Home's consistent profit performance.
- NEW JERSEY: Middlesex Lowered. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p31
Reports on the downgrading of multi-million dollars in outstanding debt and general obligation bonds of New Jersey by two ratings agencies as of January 2002. Factors responsible for the fall in grades; Drawbacks cited by ratings agency Fitch Ratings Inc.
- County gets top bond rate yet again. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/17/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p5
The article reports on the triple-A designations that have been awarded by bond-ratings agencies Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poors for the long-term and short-term debt offerings of Kent County, Michigan.
- Bond rating for Chicago school system is lowered. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;10/1/2012, p18
The article reports on the decision by Moody's to downgrade the rating of the general obligation debt of the Chicago Board of Education from A2 to A1.
- Kentucky Legislature Eyes $2B. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/8/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32085, p1
Speculates on the impact of a Kentucky budget for fiscal 2004-2006 that includes roughly two billion-dollars of borrowing on the state's bond rating. Operation of the state without a budget authorizing borrowing; Disagreement over what changes should be made to the state's tax structure; Sale of...
- S&P Gives Tennessee GOs First Upgrade Since 2000. deSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32486, p1
The article reports on the upgrade of the Tennessee's general obligation (GO) debt by the Standard & Poor's Corp. The Standard & Poor has lifted the state's AA GO bond to AA-plus, reflecting the state's continually improving financial position, which is partly attributed to the reforms it made...
- FLORIDA: Cocoa Beach Utility Revised. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/11/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32731, p9
The article reports on the move of Fitch Ratings Ltd. to revise to negative its outlook on Cocoa Beach's nearly $7 million of outstanding utility system improvement bonds in Florida. Fitch confirmed the city's utility bond rating A-plus but said the negative outlook reflected a trend toward...
- Holy Name Gets BBB. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;5/1/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32371, p37
The article reports on the rating given to the revenue and refunding bonds to be issued on behalf of Holy Name Hospital in New Jersey. The Standard and Poor's assigned a BBB rating to the bonds issued for the purpose. The New Jersey Health Care Facility Financing Authority will serve as conduit...
- Round Rock, Tex., Raised to Aa2. // Bond Buyer;6/12/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32648, p2
The article reports on the upgrading of Round rock, Texas' $74 million of outstanding debt from Aa3 to Aa2 by Moody's Investors Service Inc. Moody's relates that the upgrading came following expansion of the bond's sizeable tax base, solid financial position, a solid financial position, and a...