D.C. Officials: Stadium Plan's Cost Is $91M Higher Than Forecast
- New ballparks open in Milwaukee and Pittsburgh. J.E.C. // Architectural Record;May2001, Vol. 189 Issue 5, p42
Features two baseball parks in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Architectural design features; Names of the architectural firms which designed the stadiums; Construction cost for the two ballparks.
- Wembley boss hopeful inquiry will back stadium plans. Joseph, Colin // Public Finance;7/27/2001-8/2/2001, p10
Reports that a government inquiry is set to back Wembley in London, England as the home a new national stadium, but on a reduced budget. Recommendation of the Cartier inquiry under independent analyst Patrick Carter; Boost for London and its mayor, Ken Livingstone.
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/23/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 25, pP14
The article reveals business figures including the University of Nevada Las Vegas argued over construction of either a 490-million-dollar open-air stadium or a retractable roof-stadium worth 712 million dollars, and 44 percent total revenue drop of 7 casinos based in Atlantic City.
- A HEADY PACE. PARSONS, BRONWEN // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p38
The article describes three major venues under construction for the Toronto 2015 Pan/Parapan American Games scheduled for July and August, 2015. The venues include the Aquatics Centre, Field House and Canadian Sports Institute Ontario complex, the Milton Velodrome and the Pan American Athletics...
- The sporting life. Pastier, John // Architectural Record;Aug1999, Vol. 187 Issue 8, p111
Examines the reasons for the increase in the construction of stadiums in the United States. Peculiarity of design patterns to each type of game; Sports projects as catalysts of urban renewal; Integration of building type with the urban fabric; Establishment of sports facilities as major public...
- City Pushes New Stadium Finance Plan. HIRSH, LOU // San Diego Business Journal;8/17/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p55
The article reports on the revised financing plan for the proposed Mission Valley stadium to be constructed in San Diego, California.
- BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION'S STADIUM PLANS APPROVED. // Regeneration & Renewal;11/8/2010, p40
The article reports on the approval of construction of a stadium proposed by Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club at Falmer in England.
- IN BRIEF. // Building Design;6/16/2006, Issue 1726, p4
The article reports on developments related to building design in Great Britain as of June 16, 2006. The foundation stone for a ten million sterling pound academy in Leicester, England was laid. Princes Park Football Stadium's turf is being rolled out in Dartford, England. Alexander Sedgeley...
- Aquatics centre costs up 11m. // Building Design;11/12/2010, Issue 1940, p13
The article reports that the cost of the Olympic aquatics centre has increased by 11 million pounds in an attempt to accelerate construction to make up for the delays and concerns over its temperature, designed by architect Zaha Hadid and being constructed by Balfour Beatty.