Munis Finish Weaker Despite Rebound In Treasuries; China Rate Hike Eyed
- Munis Little Changed; Bid Side Eases On Long End Ahead of Greenspan Talk. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;6/9/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32150, p2
The article reports that insulated by relative value, the municipal bond market did not give up much ground yesterday, but the bid side eased on the long end in sympathy with Treasuries as participants turned defensive ahead of today's congressional testimony by Federal Reserve Board chairman...
- Outstanding Muni Securities Top $1.9 Trillion in 1st Quarter. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31906, p6
Reports that the amount of municipal securities outstanding rose $44.7 billion during the first quarter of 2004, according to the United States Federal Reserve Board. Long-term bonds outstanding sold by state and local governments; Falloff in the growth of outstanding short-term securities sold...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32011, p33
This article presents statistical information related to the U.S. bond market.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;4/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31861, p7
Presents data on the derivatives and structured products market in the U.S. as of April 12, 2004. Bond Market Association municipal swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Comparison of swap rates and bond yields.
- Report: State and Local Issuance Doubled Between '96 and '02. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p5
Reports that annual tax-exempt governmental bond issuance has almost doubled between the year 1996 and 2002 in the U.S. Cause of the increase of annual private-activity bond issuance; Use of governmental bonds to finance public projects; Assessment of types of private activities qualifying for...
- Northeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Dec. 16, 2004. // Bond Buyer;12/20/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32033, p29
The article presents statistical information on local government bonds in Northeastern region of the U.S. Yields reflect insurance on all of the districts bonds.
- Munis Soften, Treasuries Down Again; Market Girds for Employment Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p2
Highlights trends in the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 2, 2004. Total amount of new issues sold in the market; Expected release of the May employment report, and its implications for the bond market; Expected increase in May payrolls; Repricing of serials; Total amount of...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, June 2. // Bond Buyer;6/3/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31897, p2
Presents a chart on the municipal bond market in the United States as of June 2, 2004, which includes government securities prices and the Municipal Bond Index.
- Shreveport Readies Record Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/7/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33545, p1
The article announces the sale of Shreveport's 81.5 million dollar-worth of general obligation (GO) debt which is set on July 12, 2011 in Louisiana. It notes that this GO debt is part of the city's 175 million dollars bond program. It projects that the city will have 224 million dollars in its...