- Fields of Dreams. KISHNER, IRWIN A.; HOFFMAN, DAVID R. // Entertainment & Sports Lawyer;Fall2010, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p20
The article focuses on the public and private financing of sports stadiums in the U.S. It informs that the trend of public financing of sports stadiums started in 1923 with the opening of the Los Angeles Coliseum. It tells that a basic stadium financing plan involves taxpayer participation by...
- Certificates Urged for Austin Courthouse. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/8/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33761, p4
The article presents information on a report which suggests that Travis County, Texas, should issue certificates of obligation under a public-private partnership for financing its share of a 343 million U.S. dollars courthouse in Austin, Texas.
- South Carolina's public-private road: A model partnership, or critics' target? Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;09/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30223, p1
Focuses on criticisms raised against the planned toll road that South Carolina considers a model for public-private partnerships. Background on the $200 million `Southern Connector' project in Greenville; Expectations for the planned sale of tax-exempt revenue bonds worth $240 million;...
- Private Activity Bonds bridge financing gaps. // Northern Colorado Business Report;10/22/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the availability of funds through the Private Activity Bonds which will resolve the financing needs for the public and private partnership projects in Colorado.
- Una nueva estructura de garantÃas para los bonos chilenos de infraestructura. Kristjanpoller Rodríguez, Werner; Díaz Antillanca, John // Revista de EconomÃa Institucional;Segundo Semestre 2011, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p420
The Chilean concession system has been one of the cornerstones of the country's development, generating a strong relation between public and private sectors in the financing large scale projects. The recent financial crisis destroyed the trust and image of the monoline insurance companies, which...
- Florida DOT Drops $1.2B Miami Tunnel P3; Some GOs Already Sold. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/16/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33024, p3
The article looks at the announcement made by the Florida Department of Transportation to not to close on the largest public-private partnership with the project known as Miami Access Tunnel. It relates that the announcement will require the Miami-Dade County to determine what to do with...
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;11/4/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33211, p2
Two corrections to the articles, including the Fitch Ratings of Puerto Rico's public improvement general obligation bonds and about a public-private partnership initiative in Georgia that were published in the November 2009 issues are presented.
- Abn Amro to increase PFI bond exposure. // Public Private Finance;Feb2003, Issue 70, p3
Reports on the plan of ABN Amro to increase its sterling private finance initiative (PFI) bond exposure. Debt arrangement business of the investment bank; Comments of Richard Burrett, global head of Project Finance at ABN Amro, on the trend for bonds and re-financing; Components of the ABN deal...
- GOP's Jindal Wins Lousiana Governor's Race; Vows More Bonds, Ethics Reform. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/23/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32739, p5
The article reports that Republican Congressman Bobby Jindal has won Louisiana governor's race. He received 699,672 votes, or 54%, which enabled him to avoid a run-off. His platform included promises to sell bonds for economic development and use public-private partnerships for highway improvements.