S&P Upgrades Providence Power Plant Bonds to Investment Grade
- S&P Lifts Its Watch on Lake County, Ind., and 8 Localities. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31977, p7
Reports on the removal of the negative CreditWatch designation for Lake County and other municipalities in Indiana by Standard & Poor's Rating Services. Plan to review other areas after a court challenges the constitutionality of a tax reassessment in the state; Review conducted on each issuers...
- Puerto Rico Bonds Mixed in Quiet Trade. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;8/4/2015, p17
The article reports on trading of Puerto Rico bond issues on August 4, 2015. It discusses payment default on Public Finance Corporation (PFC) bonds which led to the downgrade of Standard & Poor's Rating Service of the 1 billion U.S. dollar PFC bond series 2011A, 2011B and 2012A from CC to D. It...
- Alliance Affirmed. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31911, p31
Focuses on the affirmation of the BBB-plus rating on Alliance Community Hospital debt by Standard & Poor's Corp. in Ohio. Revision of outlook for the debt; Factors influencing the negative outlook; Risks associated with a sizeable and behind-schedule construction plan to replace an existing...
- Rhodes College Raised. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32345, p29
The article announces that Standard & Poor has raised the underlying rating it assigns to about $15 million of debt sold in 2000 for Rhodes College in Memphis, Tennessee by the Shelby County Health, Education, and Housing Facility Board. The college achieved stronger selectivity while holding...
- MINNESOTA: Emergency Radio Issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/15/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32509, p39
The article reports that Minnesota has sold an estimated $35 million of revenue-backed bonds to fund the state's continuing work on digital radio communications systems for public safety personnel. The bond had been assigned an underlying AA-minus rating by Fitch Ratings and A2 by Moody's...
- Berryessa USD, Calif., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;2/6/2015, p27
The article reports that the ratings agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services Inc. has raised the credit ratings of the general obligation bonds of Berryessa Union School District, California to AA-minus.
- S&P Boosts L.A. County POBs and Lease Revenue Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/6/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p39
The article reports on the upgrade of Los Angeles, California's pension obligation bonds and lease revenue debt ratings to A-plus from A, by Standard & Poor's Corp. According to analyst David Hitchcock, Standard & Poor's also assigned a new AA-minus issuer credit rating, effectively replacing...
- Statutory Liens for Muni Defaults Not a Game Changer: S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;3/24/2015, p34
The article presents the view of Standard & Poor's Ratings Services that certain bonds secured by statutory liens are not a game changer for local government credit ratings.
- Crushed Cleveland Gets S & P Downgrade Ahead of $65M Sale. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p36
Reports on the downgrade in the rating for the general obligation bonds prepared for sale in Cleveland, Ohio by Standard & Poor's Corp. Reason behind the downgrade; Proceeds of the bond sale; Schedule on the pricing of the bonds.