Florida Gov. Bush Rallies for High-Speed Rail Repeal
- Florida Governor Wants to Take Rail Repeal to Voters. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, p44
Focuses on the support of Florida governor Jeb Bush to repeal a high-speed rail project. Repeal of the referendum on the general election ballot; Construction of the first train route between Tampa and Orlando; Impact of the high-speed rail to the state's bond rating.
- Coming and going at Lakeland. Johnston, Bob // Trains;Feb2007, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p24
The article reports that Florida's intrastate rail market has not successfully been tapped. Amtrak and state officials want to try. Only one train serves Lakeland, Florida, the Silver Star, on its run between New York and Miami, Florida. But every southbound train No. 91 and northbound No. 92...
- Another Round. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/30/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 25, p9
Florida Governor Jeb Bush Vetoes Funding For Florida's New High-Speed Rail Project. Jeb Bush vetoed $7.3 million in the 2003-2004 state budget that would be used to begin building the state's high-speed rail system. Voters approved the project through a constitutional amendment in 2000....
- Bush backs commuter rail. // Railway Gazette International;Sep2006, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p493
The article reports on the plan of governor Jeb Bush to develop commuter rail services in central Florida under a $1 billion complex deal. It is said that the federal government will fund half of the $475 million cost. The design, construction and operation of the rail service will be managed by...
- Letters@usnews.com. KLAASSEN, ELDON J.; DURUSAU, JOE; REID, TRISH // U.S. News Digital Weekly;1/9/2015, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p21
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles from previous issues including "Repeal but Replace" in the January 2, 2015 issue, "Congress Should Grease the Wheels" in the January 2, 2015 issue, and "Mouthing Off" about Florida Governor Jef Bush in the December 26, 2014 issue.
- Florida Panel OKs Bill to Let Voters Take Back Rail Approval. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31803, p4
The Florida House Transportation Committee approved a resolution to ask voters to reverse their earlier approval of a high-speed rail project, while also moving ahead with plans to make appropriations for the project as required by law.With a 12-7 vote, the Republican committee followed the...
- Florida Governor Signs Off on Transportation Bill. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31365, p4
Reports the approval of governor Jeb Bush of the transportation bill in Florida. Implementation of a high-speed rail system; Transformation of the Florida Turnpike District; Opposition of environmentalists on the bill.
- High-speed funding will shift tracks in Florida. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30560, p1
Looks at the decision made by Florida Governor Jeb Bush to terminate the public funding for the proposed high-speed rail project. Alternative proposal to use the funds in other transportation projects; Suggestion to spend more at the state's seaports and enhance mass transit in Tampa.
- Florida's High-Speed Rail Network Gets Questions from Gov. Bush. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p3
Reports the concern of Governor Jeb Bush on the proposed multi-billion dollar high-speed rail network in Florida. Proposal for the creation of the Florida High Speed Rail Authority; Cost of construction of bullet trains; Provisions of the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act.