- Help is at hand. // Cabinet Maker;1/20/2006, Issue 5472, p76
The article features the Furnishing Trades Benevolent Association (FTBA), a charity dedicated to helping those who are or have been involved with the furniture and furnishings industries in Great Britain. A brief history of the company is provided. An overview of several individuals who have...
- News in brief. // DIY Week;6/4/2010, p02
This section offers news briefs on the do-it-yourself (DIY) and housewares industry in Great Britain as of June 2010. Bell Donaldson Steele registered an increase in sales at its trade show in Edinburgh, Scotland. Mike Frecklington has been appointed as manager of web and e-commerce operations...
- Help 1 Up get NHFA, HFIA backing. // Furniture/Today;5/9/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p40
The article reports that retail trade groups the National Home Furnishings Association and the Home Furnishings International Association have endorsed Help1Up, a national charitable effort by stores to support furniture banks. Help1Up encourages consumers to shop at participating retailers and...
- OCCUPY THE OVAL. Berry, Dean // RC Driver;Jul2012, Issue 103, p114
The article discusses the Occupy the Oval charity race that was held for the benefit of the Trinca Family Memorial Trust. It states that the Trinca Family Memorial Trust was established upon the death of Jason Trinca and his mother on their way to a go-kart race at Riverhead Raceway in New York....
- Glober is donating 5% of market orders. // Furniture/Today;10/15/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p204
Reports on the donation of five percent of the amount of each order written at market by metal furniture manufacturer Glober for the relief fund of New York City firemen in the United States.
- Furniture donations rise. // Cabinet Maker;3/5/2010, Issue 5677, p4
The article reports on the rise of the sales of furniture donated to the charity in Great Britain.
- THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU... // Cabinet Maker;2/5/2010, Issue 5673, Special section p5
The article gives appreciation to the lead sponsors and the workforce of the 2009 Big Shots event of the Furnishing Industry Trust (FIT) in Great Britain including the Mike Clare Foundation, the Sydney Simmons Pension Trust, and the Regimental Charities.
- Housewares helps raise Â£1,200 for charity. // Housewares;Aug/Sep2003, Issue 176, p44
Reports on donations of Housewares Magazine to charities Rainy Day Trust and Challenging Cancer and Leukaemia in Childhood as of August 2003.
- Lending a helping hand. // Home Textiles Today;10/15/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p44
Reports the financial assistance of home furnishing retailers and vendors to the victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack in the United States. Donation of mattress and pillow protectors by the American Textile Co.; Provision of basic bedding and fabric by Arley Corp.; Financial...