Brock says Bensons Beds sale is on track
- Bensons sale was inevitable. // Cabinet Maker;8/20/2004, Issue 5402, p7
Reports on the plan of Homestyle to sell Bensons Beds in an effort to restore Harvey's in Great Britain. Homestyle finance director, Tim Kowalski's explanation on the decision of the company; Projected amount generated from the sale; Uses of proceeds from the sale.
- Siemens sells investment boutique. // RCR Wireless News;12/26/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 52, p6
The article reports on the sale of the Siemens Accelerations unit of Siemens AG to an undisclosed investor in 2005. Siemens Acceleration was an early-stage investment boutique for startup companies and a subsidiary of Siemens Communications. Siemens expects that its innovation strategy will be...
- Going back to basics. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;8/13/2004, Issue 5401, p3
Comments on the plan of Homestyle to sale its bed division Bensons Beds in Great Britain. Remarks on the profit of Bensons; Accounts on the investments of Homestyle in product ranges and marketing; Emphasis on the improvement of the sales and operation of the company.
- Dreams in deal for Bensons? // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p3
Reports that Dreams and Homestyle are closed to completing a deal for Homestyle's bed division, Bensons Bed, The Bed Shed and Sleepmasters.
- Divesting for success with pre-sale due diligence. Kelly, Shaun T. // NACD Directorship;Mar2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p12
Discusses keys to successful corporate divestiture. Importance of conducting appropriate pre-sale due diligence; Preparation for the sale; Need to identify potential buyers.
- Managements' Views on Voluntary Sell-Offs. Baker, H. Kent; Benjamin, John D.; Kuehl, Kristin; Verdon, Amy A. // Journal of Economics & Finance;1996 Supplement, Vol. 20, p3
Examines the reasons for voluntary sell-offs undertaken by U.S. companies in the early 1990s. Removal of non-strategic assets; Raise of funds primarily for debt reduction; Focus on the firm's core business; Importance placed by financially weak firms on raising funds and improving their cash flow.
- Hachette Shuts IPG, Seeks Buyer for Katz. DeFoore, Jay; Walker, David // Photo District News;Aug2005, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the decision of Hatchette Filipacchi Photos (HFP) to close Independent Photographers Group and sell Katz and K2 portraiture agency as of August 2005.
- Gearing up to sell the business. Gray, Andi // Westchester County Business Journal;8/29/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 35, p13
The article provides an answer to a question of how to prepare in selling a company.
- Sale of the century. Holliday, Adrian // Director;Oct2001, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p63
Offers tips for corporations that are considering selling. Importance of planning; Condition that is appropriate to sell; Role of confidentiality.