- BUMPER TO BUMPER. Fetto, John // American Demographics;Sep2002, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p16
Presents the results of a report released by the Texas Transportation Institute in June 2002, regarding metro traffic congestion in the U.S. Average amount of time roadways were congested to the point that they slowed traffic; Number of rush hour congestion in Los Angeles; Number of daily...
- Snarled traffic is `just how it is' in Seoul. Green, Jeff // Ward's Auto World;Feb97, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p54
Describes the traffic congestion in Seoul, South Korea. Disincentives for automobile proliferation. Options in Korean automobiles; Parking; Urban sprawl.
- Value Pricing Helps Reduce Congestion. Berg, John T.; Felicia B.; Young // Public Roads;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p47
Reports on a federal pilot program in the United States that is exploring a way to reduce traffic congestion using a method called `value pricing' that relies on market forces. Costs associated with congestion; Federal support for value-pricing initiatives; Value-pricing projects; Importance of...
- WAITING MY TURN. McCluggage, Denise // AutoWeek;9/16/2013, Vol. 63 Issue 18, p13
A first person narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in a traffic congestion.
- Study: Traffic congestion improving in Hungary. // Hungary A.M.;4/4/2014, p7
The article reports on the improvement of the traffic congestion in Hungary in 2014, as indicated in the results of a study released by Royal Automobile Club of Catalonia (RACC) in April.
- Video upgrade improves L.A. traffic center. // American City & County;Feb97, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the installation of Superview 100 multi-video windowing system by Los Angeles Automated Traffic Surveillance and Control Operations Center in Los Angeles, California. Alleviation of the city's choking traffic problem; Mechanics of the system; Relief to traffic engineers' monitoring of...
- Trip talk. Wilkins, Will // Roads & Bridges;Nov98, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p16
Offers information on some strategies for relieving traffic congestion. Identification of road problems; Expansion of road capacity; Road improvements.
- Lessons in gridlock. Gill, A. A. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Aug2014, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p84
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience with the traffic congestion in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Hell on wheels. Ravilious, Kate // New Scientist;7/21/2001, Vol. 171 Issue 2300, p17
Discusses how drivers can avoid traffic jams. Types of traffic; Characteristics of a driver; Importance of controlling speed limit.