Layoffs threat in Wales
- Contemporary takeover. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;8/31/2007, Issue 5553, p10
The article reports on the result of the study conducted by MTW Research on the future trend of the furniture industry in Great Britain. Based on MTW's report, titled "Upholstered Domestic Furniture Market UK 2007-2012," the overall upholstery industry is expected to be worth Â£1.2 billion in...
- Alexvale merged into Kincaid. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;4/12/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p2
Reports on Hudson, North Carolina-based Alexvale Furniture's restructuring of its upholstery line. Aim to reflect a renewed emphasis on middle price points; Merger of Alexvale into the Kingcaid Furniture brand name.
- Leather producers targeting independents. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;7/25/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p99
The article presents information on the leather upholstery manufacturers. It report that the leather upholstery manufacturers are betting that the inaugural market in Las Vegas, Nevada will be a jumping off point from which their business will grow, gain exposure and broaden their customer base....
- Wells debuts Norwalk gallery. // Furniture/Today;10/4/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p90
Reports on Charleston, West Virginia-based Wells Home Furnishings' opening of a Norwalk custom upholstery gallery. Background of the company; Awards received.
- letters to the editor. Desautels, Jim // Furniture/Today;12/1/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p32
Presents letters to the editor, published in the December 01, 2003 issue of the journal "Furniture/Today." Economic guidelines for suppliers and retailers of furniture industries to prevent them from falling into the clutch of depression; Factors to keep in mind by manufacturing sectors to...
- Foreign investors, local families fuel growth. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;9/28/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p15
The article focuses on contribution of foreign investors towards growth of the furniture industry of Malaysia. Topics discussed include support of strong infrastructure and raw materials to the industry, production of upholstered beds and chairs Buy to Supply, Supply to Buy (BSSB), and wooden...
- Emerald debuts fabric groups. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;8/15/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p26
Reports that case goods and occasional importer Emerald Home Furnishings has introduced a stationary fabric upholstery line in Las Vegas, Nevada. Retail price points for the furniture; Installation of new upholstery that will appeal to customers looking for lifestyle, urban-type furniture;...
- ASK NEW YORK. Penny, Denise // New York;4/12/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p87
Answers a question of an avid flea-market bargain hunter who can barely afford to refurbish his finds. Services of Matthew Haly, owner of The Furniture Joint in New York City; High-quality custom-design shop; Teaching of one upholstery course a month.
- Deeside 'under review' says management. // Cabinet Maker;3/5/2004, Issue 5378, p4
Reports on the strategy of the Deeside Furniture to review its business planning in Great Britain. Aim to monitor the economic situation of the furniture industry; Issues about the company's assurance to provide discounts for customers; Product developments of the company.