A new challenge for the UK
- Ikea's billion pound player. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;11/5/2004, Issue 5413, p16
Focuses on the business strategy employed by Peter Hogsted for Ikea UK's head office in north London, England. Motivational challenge faced by Hogsted; Achievements of Hogsted for the company; Customer relations strategy; Career background. INSET: The Hogsted route.
- Ikea ready for talks about smaller stores. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/2004, Issue 5411, p3
The article reports that the home furnishing company Ikea UK conceded that it will have to alter its strategy, including opening smaller stores nearer town centres, if it is to realise its ambition of UK expansion. Peter Hogsted, Ikea Britain country manager, said that the company was prepared...
- Ikea: the 'love it or hate it' store. // Housewares;Sep/Oct2007 Supplement, p11
The article profiles houseware retailer Ikea UK in Great Britain. Details on the company's strengths and weaknesses in the retail market are provided. The company's plans for growth and the threats that they feared to face are also given. It also provides their contact information and buyer details.
- Efficiency convergence processes and effects of regulation in the nonspecialized retail sector in Spain. Su�rez, Cristina; Jorge, Justo // Annals of Regional Science;Jun2010, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p573
This work analyzes the effects of the regulation/deregulation processes carried out on the evolution of efficiency in Spanish retail-sector firms in the period 1996ï¿½2004. The results suggest that the regulation in this sector has had a considerable influence on firmsï¿½ efficiency, in...
- Retail Planning Policy in Italy. // European Retail Digest;Jun98, Issue 18, p25
Discusses the changes made in the retail planning legislation approved by the Italian government in 1998 to replace the retail planning legislation passed in 1971. Implications of the changes made in the 1998 legislation on retail trade; Change in the criteria for administrative licenses;...
- RETAIL SPACE FOR LEASE? CHAIN STORES NEED NOT APPLY--Part 2. Blaesser, Brian W.; Twardowski, Timothy C. // Retail Law Strategist;Jan2007, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p4
The article focuses on the rationales for regulating formula businesses. It offers practice tips for retailers to consider when the government is contemplating adopting a formula business ordinance. It is noted that the purpose for regulating formula businesses is a desire to protect both the...
- ANTI-BIG BOX BILLS GAIN MOMENTUM. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;5/20/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p40
Focuses on efforts made by the International Mass Retail Association (IMRA) to protest the bill The Andean Trade Preference Act that could impact the way retailers of the U.S. conduct foreign trade, pay employees and administer stock option plans. Overview of the Supply Chain Security Committee...
- Retention of title clauses and their effect. Battiston, Adrian; Gallagher, Sean // National Liquor News;Oct2005, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p76
The article discusses the principle of retention of title. The importance of retention of title for a supplier is discussed. There are several circumstances wherein retention of title can be extinguished.
- Sale of Goods Act modernised. // Accountancy;Feb1995, Vol. 115 Issue 1218, p100
Reports on the revisions of Great Britain's Sale of Goods Act. Enhancements of consumers' rights; Law Commission's recommendations made in 1987.