Baseball Stadium Plan a Raw Deal for D.C., Study Says
- Virginia Agency to Draft Plan Aimed at Luring Baseball Team. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30890, p4
Reports on the Virginia Resources Authority's (VRA) preparation to develop a financing plan to sell bonds for a stadium. Efforts of the state to attract a professional baseball team; Expected start of financial discussions between the VRA and the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority in summer 2000.
- Louisiana's Foster Opposes Push for New Stadium in Big Easy. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p36
Focuses on professional sports teams demanding the construction of stadiums in New Orleans. Offers of Governor Mike Foster to sell revenue bonds; Analysis on each project; Responsibility of the state to produce stadiums.
- OKLAHOMA: Ballpark Design:Thumbs-Up. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/31/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33089, p9
The article reports on the move of Tulsa Stadium Trust to approve the exterior design of the city's new downtown ballpark in Oklahoma. It states that the ballpark is being financed in part with proceeds from $25 million of general obligation bonds supported by an annual assessment on property...
- MINNESOTA. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports on the plans of Minnesota-based baseball team Minnesota Twins for construction of a $ 300 million stadium that would be financed by the team. Bond issue involved in the plan; Provision of an interest-free loan by Saint Paul, Minnesota; Introduction of a bill related to the bond issue of...
- Miami-Dade Commissioners Vote To Approve Marlins Ballpark Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32081, p7
The article reports that Miami-Dade County Commissioners voted 11 to 1 yesterday to approve an agreement with the city of Miami and the Florida Marlins to build a $420 million, largely bond-financed ballpark adjacent to the Orange Bowl near downtown Miami. The agreement outlines a plan of...
- Miami-Dade County Ready to Weigh Bond-Heavy, $367M Marlins Project. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/10/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31880, p40
Reports that Miami-Dade County commissioners will consider a preliminary funding agreement supported with tax-exempt bonds to build the Florida Marlins a stadium and a parking garage. Offer being reviewed by the Marlins; Commitment of the country and city to Marlins and to the future of baseball...
- Cincinnati Reds, Hamilton County Sign Lease for New Stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/25/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30648, p3
Reports on the Cincinnati Reds baseball team's lease agreement for a baseball stadium in Hamilton County, Ohio. Bond sale planned by the county to finance the stadium; Terms of the agreement; Contributions of both parties to the stadium's construction.
- Court won't hear taxpayer challenge to stadium deal. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;01/21/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30314, p1
Reports on the US Supreme Court's refusal to hear a challenge to $336 million in bonds issued by King County, Washington for a new baseball stadium in Seattle. Ratings of the bonds from Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's; Background on the case in which a group of taxpayers...
- Likely Albuquerque Stadium Developer Will Ask City to Issue Revenue Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/30/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32557, p40
The article reports that the leading contender for developing a hotel and arena will ask the city to provide revenue bonds to help finance the $350 million complex in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The leading contender consists of Garfield Traub Development LLC, Hunt Development Group, Flintridge...