- S&P's Chicago Hires Leave No Tax-Exempt Stone Unturned. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31036, p4
Reports that the Chicago, Illinois office of Standard & Poor's Corp. has analysts who cover all sectors of the tax-exempt market. Additions to the analysts of the company; Goal of the office in Chicago, Illinois.
- New stock index. Black, Jane A.; Giron, Kristin // Executive Report;Jan1995, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the naming of four Pittsburgh-area companies to Standard & Poor's SmallCap 600 Index. Tracking of performance of small-capitalization firms; Benefits from inclusion; Selection characteristics.
- S&P Renames Ratings Division; Creates New Group. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;01/11/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31055, p36
Focuses on the creation of the Credit Markets Services business division of Standard & Poor's Corp. Target market for the division.
- News In Brief: Lafayette, Calif., GOs Raised by S&P. // Bond Buyer;2/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31321, p2
Reports that rating agency Standard and Poor's Corp. has raised Lafayette, California's general obligation debt rating from AA-minus to AA. Benefits of rating upgrade for the city.
- RATING the NATION. // International Power Generation;Mar2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p23
Presents a chart on sovereign rating that reflects opinion on a country's debt payment capacity by Standard and Poor's. Role of sovereign rating in determining Financial security of countries targeted for investment; Key factor in the analysis of sovereign ratings; Information on capacity of...
- Clark Co., Nev. Raised by S&P. // Bond Buyer;11/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30764, p2
Reports on the increase of underlying rating by Standard and Poor Corp. on Clark County and Nevada's outstanding debts based on its financial policies.
- Standard & Poor's Taxes the Issue. Colomer, Nora // Private Placement Letter;09/11/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p3
Presents a report by Standard & Poor's Rating's Group concerning debt service coverage ratio (DSCR). Basic function of a DSCR; Statement issued by Peter Rigby, an analyst at Standard and Poor's.
- City rating affirmed. // Crain's New York Business;7/5/93, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p39
Reports on Standard and Poor's Corp.'s (S&P) A-minus rating on New York City's general obligation debt. Negative outlook for bonding; Criticism on the city's reliance on non-recurring revenues to mantain budget balance; Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s affirmed Baa1 rating; Boost to Mayor David...
- Hutchinson, Kan., GOs Raised by S&P. // Bond Buyer;05/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30885, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has raised its rating for the general obligation debt in Hutchison, Kansas.