Primary Market Grabs Spotlight As Municipal Bonds Finish Mixed
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...
- Bonds start week by posting gains. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;11/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30518, p1
Reports on the performance of the United States bond market in November 9, 1998. Lackluster session for municipals; Treasury market; Long bond yield; Fixed-income gains; Dow Jones industrial average; Retail-oriented municipal trading.
- Not a Lot Going On After New-Issue Blitz. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/2/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33209, p2
The article reports developments in the municipal bond market in the U.S. It states that the Treasury market posted gains in October 30, 2009 as equities sold off. It notes that Municipal Market data triple-A scale yielded 3.03% in 10 years and yielded 4.23% in 30 years. The trends in personal...
- Muni, Treasury Prices Rise as Stocks Slump. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;7/27/2015, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds closed stronger on Monday, according to traders, as yields on some maturities weakened by as much as three basis points. Treasury prices also rose while stocks fell after equities in China plunged. Oil prices dropped to a four-month low on the Chinese share...
- Muni Mutuals Drying Up. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;4/26/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33305, p1
The article reports on the downward trajectory of the cash flowing into the municipal bond industry in the U.S. It mentions that the trend appears to be driving into riskier assets such as emerging market debts and stocks. It adds that municipal funds reported 118.4 million dollars from...
- Munis Weaken on Stronger-Than-Expected Data. William Curran; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/4/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32374, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the United States on May 3, 2006. The municipal bond market weakened as stronger-than-expected economic data continued to pour into the market. There are concerns that the Federal Open Market Committee will remain on the path to higher...
- Muni Primary Takes a Break; Puerto Rico Bonds Firm. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;7/1/2015, p7
The article presents updates relating to the bonds market in Puerto Rico as of July 2015. Topics discussed include trading of commonwealth general obligation (GO) bonds, trading on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, calculation of the 10-year municipal bond to Treasury ratio, and the...
- MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES. // Bond Buyer;2/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32073, p27
Presents a chart related to municipal bond activities in the U.S. as of February 17, 2005.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p22
Highlights the results of negotiated municipal bond sales in the United States as of December 21, 2000. California Statewide Communities Development Authority's multi-family housing revenue bonds; Pueblo West Metropolitan District, Colorado's water and wastewater revenue bonds.