- AWESTRUCK. Fellata, Ken // New Republic;9/11/95, Vol. 213 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on media industry mergers envisioned by executives to propel business success and synergy in information superhighway. Speculation on the feud between Walt Disney chairman Michael Eisner and Barry Diller; Views that Eisner has a long-standing animosity with Viacom chairman Sumner...
- WHAT IFâ€¦MICHAEL EISNER? Block, Alex Ben // Television Week;10/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p10
Focuses on the contributions of Michael Eisner, former chairman and CEO of the Walt Disney Co., to the mass media in the U.S. Career highlights; Role of Eisner in the acquisition of the ABC Network by Disney; Statement issued by Eisner on the importance of creativeness in the industry.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/24/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 21, p44
Present charts on U.S. and global media/entertainment investments as of May 17, 2004. Global media/entertainment underwriting volume; Top U.S. new issues bookrunners; Announced U.S. target merger and acquisition advisers; Top global new issues bookrunners; Global debt deals; Syndicated loans.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/4/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 26, p40
Presents data on investment banks' activities in the media and entertainment sector as of June 27, 2005. Global underwriting volume; Top issuers; Announced U.S. and global target merger and acquisition advisers.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: MEDIA/ENTERTAINMENT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 28, p52
Reports on developments concerning investment banking in the U.S. and global media and entertainment industries as of July 6, 2004. Global media and entertainment underwriting volume; Top U.S. new issues bookrunners; Announced U.S. target merger and acquisition advisers; Global equity deals;...
- DISNEY MAGIC'S BACK. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;1/7/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the stock market and financial performance of entertainment firm Walt Disney Co. in 2003. Increase in stock prices; Improvement in financial performance of the various businesses of the company; Movie production business; Speech by company chief executive officer Michael Eisner at a...
- Eisner Could Live with Merged AOL. Hearn, Ted; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p2
Presents the comments of Walt Disney Co. Chairman Michael Eisner on the merger of America Online (AOL) and Time Warner without any restrictions from the United States Federal Communications Commission. Possibility of competition in the cable television industry; Involvement of Walt Disney in a...
- EISNER HEDGES BETS. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;11/14/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 29, p6
Reports on Walt Disney top executive Michael Eisner's claim that the planned merger between American Broadcasting Co. News and CNN is still not final. Control issues involved in the planned merger.
- Deal Pace Slows as Total Value Grows. // Variety;5/27/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 3, p13
The article examines mass media industry mergers in the first quarter of 2014, noting that while there were fewer mergers than in the same quarter of 2013, the valuation of the mergers were higher due to the proposed acquisition by Comcast Corp. of Time Warner Cable.