- GSK to Pay Some $3 Billion to Acquire Human Genome Sciences. // Chain Drug Review;8/27/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p46
The article reports on the acquisition of Human Genome Sciences Inc. (HOS) by biotechnology firm GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK), for an estimated 3 billion dollars.
- Today's Transactions: Glaxo Wins HGS After Upping Price. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/23/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p3
The article reports on the expected acquisition by pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline plc of biotechnology firm Human Genome Sciences Inc. (HGS) for roughly 3.6 billion U.S. dollars.
- HGSI, GSK Seal Deal, Settle on $14.25 per Share; $3.6B Value. Powers, Marie // BioWorld Today;7/17/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 137, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Human Genome Sciences Inc. (HGSI) by GlaxoSmithKline Inc. (GSK). The estimated value of Rockville, Maryland-based biotechnology firm HGSI is 3.6 billion U.S. dollars. In April 2012, the initial acquisition bid issued by GSK was 13 U.S. dollars per share....
- GSK Clinches Deal to Buy Human Genome for $3 Billion. // MondayMorning;7/23/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on the plan of GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK) to acquire Human Genome Sciences Inc. (HGS). It mentions that GSK will buy HGS for $3 billion and have full control on marketing the Benlysta lupus therapy. Meanwhile, it mentions that the companies are also working together in...
- GSK Takes its $2.6B Offer For HGS to the Shareholders. Shaffer, Catherine // BioWorld Today;5/10/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 91, p1
The article reports on the decision of GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK) to commence its tender offer for all outstanding shares of Human Genome Sciences Inc. (HGS) instead of participating in a strategic alternatives review process with HGS. The decision of GSK has transformed its acquisition for HGS...
- GlaxoSmithKline Secures Human Genome Sciences Takeover with Sweetened Offer. Cartwright, Heather // PharmaDeals Review;2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 7, p101
After a 3-month pursuit, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) has negotiated a deal on friendly terms to acquire its long-time partner Human Genome Sciences (HGS) for approximately US$3 B net of cash and debt. With the acquisition, GSK will gain full rights to the lupus drug BenlystaÂ® (belimumab) and to...
- GSK to acquire Human Genome Sciences for US$14.25 per share in cash. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;7/19/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that Human Genome Sciences Inc. will be acquired by GlaxoSmithKline for 14.25 U.S. dollars per share. It mentions the benefits of the acquisition which includes sustainable growth, enhanced research and development and capital deployment. It further informs that...
- business In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/1/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 15, p30
Reports developments in chemical industry as of November 1, 2004. Aquisition of worldwide rights to develop and commercialize Albugon by GlaxoSmithKline from Human Genome Sciences Inc.; Amount of investment of Vimax in a sodioum hydrosulfite plant; Completion of the purchase of all of Hauser...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/4/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 26, p36
Presents data on investment banks' activities in the health care sector as of June 27, 2005. Global underwriting volume; Top issuers; Announced U.S. and global target merger and acquisition advisers.