- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 15, p23
Ranks the top stock brokerage companies in the U.S. as of April 2004. First Albany Corp.; Legg Mason Inc.; Ameritrade Holding Corp.
- Citi Swap with Legg Mason Completed. Davenport, Todd // American Banker;12/2/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 230, p20
This article reports on Citigroup Inc. and Legg Mason Inc. completing their asset swap, with Legg acquiring Citi's asset management business and Citi taking over Legg's brokerage network. Citi transferred approximately $400 billion of assets under management to Legg Mason. Citi valued the swap...
- TD Ameritrade Says It Earned $140M. // American Banker;7/19/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 137, p10
This article reports on the rising third quarter asset-based revenue earnings of Omaha, Nebraska, online brokerage company TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation. The company formed when Ameritrade Holding bought TD Warehouse USA from Toronto-Dominion Bank. It's net income was $140 million in the...
- Exposure must be made public. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/19/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 38, p6
The article focuses on the impact of the U.S. investment bank Lehman Brothers Inc. bankruptcy on banks in the Middle East. In United Arab Emirates, banks are asked to declare their exposure to trades with Lehman. On the other hand, Bahrain has been more cautious about claiming to be free of...
- Ameritrade Says Profits Rose 70% in 3Q. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;10/26/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 206, p12
The article reports that the Omaha online brokerage Ameritrade Holding Corp. announced that third-quarter profits rose 70% from a year earlier, to $97 million.
- DONALD E. FROUDE. // On Wall Street;Aug2007, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p72
The article features Donald E. Froude, managing director and head of U.S. distribution at Legg Mason. Upon realizing that he wanted to be a stockbroker during his senior year in college, he talked to some alumni working in the securities industry who advised him to get some experience in a...
- WHO'S HOT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/31/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p16
The article presents a list of brokerage stocks and bank stocks ranked by their performance. Legg Mason Inc. closed 75.81 on January 26, 2005 with 6,760 percent change latest week. Charles Schwab closed 11.30 on January 26 with .534 percent change latest week. Lehman Brothers Inc. with ticker...
- Ameritrade Volume Fell in May. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;6/13/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 112, p21
Reports that Ameritrade Holding Corp.'s average daily trading volume declined significantly in May 2005 compared to a month earlier. Statistics related to Ameritrade's trading volume; How the decline highlights the need for consolidation in the online brokerage industry.
- Ameritrade Profit Up; Trades, Revenue Fell. // American Banker;10/20/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 202, p8
Reports the fiscal fourth-quarter financial performance of Ameritrade Holding Corp. Increase in earnings and net revenue at the Omaha securities brokerage; Drop in average client trades per day, clearing fees, and expenses; Data on account openings and closings.