No Fun Selling Toy Business
- Industry makes progress in building all-year business. Reysen Jr., Frank // Playthings;Aug98, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p29
Editorial. Discusses the sales performance of the toy industry. Factors which contributed to the high level of toy sales; Contributions public television and cable stations made to the toy industry; Information on the Toys R Us Inc.
- EXCLUSIVELY AT PLAYTHINGS. COM. // Playthings;Apr/May2010, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p7
The article offers news briefs on topics including Poof-Slinky's acquisition of all the assets of Cadaco, selection of Fisher-Price as the global master toy licensee for Angelina Ballerina, and the financial performance of Toys "R" Us Inc. for the fourth quarter of 2009.
- Toy Story 3: New chief animates firm. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;03/19/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p54
Reports the business recovery of Toys `R' Us Inc. in New Jersey. Enhancement of expected holiday sales; Expansion of the renovation program; Improvement of cost containment.
- Industry news. // Playthings;Nov97, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p26
Presents news briefs on the toy industry. Information on Toys R Us sales for 1996; Details on the top ten retailers for 1995 and 1996; Reference to the unveiling of the Parker Brothers' Masterpiece.
- Santa's surly toy peddlers. Miller, A.; Rosado, L. // Newsweek;11/11/1991, Vol. 118 Issue 20, p54
Comments on the uncharacteristically ugly competition between toy retailers this year. Charges of anticompetitive, predatory tactics from Child World CEO W. John Devine; Toys `R' Us as the nation's largest toy retailer; Impact on the consumer.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;10/5/98, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p35
Presents news briefs related to toy retailers in the United States, as of October 5, 1998. Includes Babies `R' Us' sponsorship of the second annual Chicago Baby Faire in Illinois; Scheduled launching of `Toy Tips Magazine.'
- Industry news. // Playthings;Jul98, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p22
Presents information on different issues relating to the toy industry in the United States, for June 1998. Toys R US awarded as the top retailer for 1997; K'Nex Industries awarded the Toys R Us Canada `Vendor of the Year' award; Details on the award; Agreement signed by Toymax International for...
- Get Set For Toys 'R' Us Debt Explosion. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;6/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p1
Focuses on the growing debt problem and the possible corporate takeover of the beleaguered toy company Toys "R" Us Inc. in the U.S. Decision of the company to hold a special stockholders' meeting to vote on the proposed takeover by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Bain Capital Partners LLC, and...
- Briefly... // Playthings;Apr95, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p25
Presents news and developments in the toy industry in the United States. Coalition to Advance the Protection of Sports logos' (CAPS) seizure of `pogs' and equipments to manufacture `pogs; Libby Lee Toys' as the recipient of the Vendor of the Year Award from Toys `R' Us; Dayton Hudson's purchase...