Muni Research In Throes of Change
- INVESTMENTS. // On Wall Street;May2006, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p26
This article presents news briefs on the financial services industry as of May 2006. Fidelity Investments has launched the Advisor Freedom 2045 and 2050 as additions to its Advisor Freedom Fund product line. Fixed Income Securities has included Merrill Lynch products to its distribution channel....
- Merrill Lynch to market: Two more out the door! C.M.O. // Private Placement Letter;5/17/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p1
Reports on Merrill Lynch's deals for privately placed fixed-income securities. Amount raised for and credit ratings of the American Electric Power Co.; Lease-backed deal for Dominion Resources Inc. and KeySpan Energy.
- AT DEADLINEâ€¦. // Private Placement Letter;10/8/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p1
The article offers news briefs related to fixed-income securities. Price talk has widened on SPP Capital Group's $100 million deal for Bull Moose Tube Co. Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.'s $150 million private placement for Great Britain-based Chemring Group PLC is expected to price in October 2007....
- Merrill Hirees to Go After Hispanic Investors' Dollars. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;6/3/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 105, p9
Merrill Lynch & Co. will add 100 financial advisers to a group of 300 that targets Hispanic-American investors. Merrill has 350 Hispanic-American financial advisers, said Subha V. Barry, vice president and the head of the multicultural and diversified business group. Barry said Merrill is...
- High Court Limits Investor Class Actions. // American Banker;3/22/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 55, p18
This article reports that the U.S. Supreme Court put new limits on securities suits by ruling in a Merrill Lynch & Co. case that a federal law bars large class actions by investors who say they were duped into holding on to stocks and bonds. The 8-to-0 ruling cited the Securities Litigation...
- Consider Dividend Stocks for Investment Income. McCartney, Scott C. // Business Journal (Central New York);8/13/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p5B
In this article the author comments on the impact of the Federal Reserve's policy on lower interest rates in the U.S. The author mentions that the move is disadvantageous to investors because they experienced challenging investment landscape. He adds that stockholders consider owning...
- Cowen Launches Credit Fixed Income Group. Silfee, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/28/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p7
The article focuses on a credit fixed income division created by Cowen Group.
- Facing an uncertain future. // Marketing Week;1/15/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p32
The article offers author's views on the financial conditions of Aegis Groups PLC. It says that the company has appointed Merrill Lynch & Co. to look for strategic options to enhancing shareholder value of the company. The author opines that the concept of enhancing shareholder value hardly...
- Â£257m Merrill CMBS is European first. // Estates Gazette;2/5/2005, Issue 505, p47
Reports on the sale of bonds by Merrill Lynch in co-pooled commercial mortgage-backed securitisation (CMBS) in Europe. Impact of pooling loans between originators on investment banks; Benefits of the use of the co-pooling structure for investors; CMBS issue arranged by Merrill Lynch in 2004.