Navy Leaguers Get Navy, Coast Guard Public Service Awards
- WHAT IS AN OPV -- INCONCLUSIVE ANSWERS, BUT NOT A FAULT OF IQPC. // Naval Forces;2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p123
Information about the definition of an OPV in naval forces discussed at the OPV Conference sponsored by the International Quality and Productivity Centre held in Rotterdam, Netherlands is presented. Topics include the naval budget and the increased competition for resources and globalisation of...
- HSL-42 receives Grampaw Pettibone Award. // All Hands;Nov97, Issue 968, p44
Reports about the selection of the Helicopter Antisubmarine Squadron Light (HSL) 42 of the US Navy as the 1996 Grampaw Pettibone Award winner in both unit and individual categories. Information on the Grampaw Award; Reason why HSL 42 won.
- Oakland Council Welcomes Back Vice Adm. Malone and Wife. // Sea Power;Mar2003, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p61
Reports on the monthly meeting of the Oakland Council to discuss the status of naval aviation in the U.S.
- Patuxent River. Converse, Mark // Wings of Gold;Fall2011, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p60
The article presents information regarding the 12th consecutive panel meeting held by the Patuxent River Squadron at the Patuxent River Museum in Maryland.
- Sailor Receives War Medals--59 Years Later. Spinner, Jennifer // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p33
Reports on the delay of the war medals awarded to Royce Hall, chief aviation ordnanceman in the U.S. Navy. Awards of Hall; Background of the veteran; Presentation of the Air Medal.
- Awards. Ball, Dan; Lewis, Brandy // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p34
Lists award recipients in U.S. Navy aviation as of October 2004. Awards won by the warship Harry S. Truman; Pilot Scott Bonz as Commander Naval Air Force Pacific Pilot of the Year; Aviation safety award won by the warship Nimitz and Carrier Air Wing 11.
- Will Rendezvous.....with notes from the world of Naval Aviation. // Wings of Gold;Fall2014, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p16
The article presents photographs of Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron Four (VQ-4) that received Association of Naval Aviation's (ANA) Fleet Support/Special Mission Award for its superlative performance in 2013.
- Naval Institute Foundation. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2004, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p92
This article presents information on several officers and events related to the U.S. Navy. Navy Commander Tom Buell was known for his outspoken personality and adherence to high standards. Buell graduated in 1958 from the Naval Academy. His ships included the Hammer, Brooke, King, John King, and...
- CNO creates Nechvatal Award. // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the establishment of the Captain Charles J. `Chuck' Nechvatal Award for the CNO Aviation Ground Maintenance Officer of the Year by the Chief of Naval Operations in the United States.