Cooperation, Communication Key to Commissioning Success
- SURFOR, Arriving! Dexter, Laurie // Surface Warfare;Summer2014, Vol. 43, p6
The article reports on the visit of Commander, Naval Surface Force U.S. Pacific Fleet, Vice Admiral Tom Copeman at the Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam (JBPHH) in Hawaii during a tour on May 14, 2014. It notes that an all-hands call was conducted by Coperman in addition to his visit in the...
- LEAP fails to hit target in Navy test. Morrocco, John D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/3/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 14, p78
Reports on the United States Navy's characterization of the test of the lightweight exoatmospheric projectile (LEAP) as a success despite the failure of the kinetic kill vehicle (KKV) to intercept a surrogate ballistic missile target. Battery malfunction in the KKV; Stages of the missile...
- Orion launches SLAM. // Naval Aviation News;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the first guided launch of a Standoff Land Attack Missile (SLAM) from a P-3C Orion on September 2, 1996. Execution of the launch by a Naval Force Aircraft Test Squadron; SLAM's incorporation of an imaging infrared seeker head, a digital weapon data link and a global positioning system.
- UPGRADED HARM IN PRODUCTION. Goodman, G. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2010, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p17
The article describes the AGM-88E Advanced Anti-Radiation Guided Missiles (AARGM) delivered at the U.S. Navy on July 14, 2010 from ATK of Woodland Hills, California.
- AGM-119B PENGUIN. // Sea Power;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p155
Features the AGM-119B Penguin, a short-to-medium range rolling airframe inertially guided missile with passive infrared homing of the U.S. Navy. Length of the missile; Speed and range; Contractor of the missile.
- Navy pilots can set stray missiles back on course. Graham-Rowe, Duncan // New Scientist;9/28/2002, Vol. 175 Issue 2362, p8
Reports on the development of the latest missile guidance technology automatic target acquisition (ATA) by the U.S. Navy. Incidence of casualties caused by wrongly targeted missiles; Features of ATA; Technology used in ATA.
- THE BIG PICTURE. // U.S. News Digital Weekly;12/5/2014, Vol. 6 Issue 49, p20
A photograph showing the USS Barry at the Washington Navy Yard is presented.
- Briefs. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Oct2003, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p39
Presents news updates concerning the missile industry as of October 2003. Report on Russia's plan to lease Belarus an unspecified number of S-300 air-defense missiles; Raytheon Co.'s winning of a contract from the U.S. Navy for engineering services for the Standard Missile program.
- GPS-Guided Projectile Soars Over White Sands. // GPS World;Sep2002, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p62
Reports on the test firing of a precision-guided projectile by the U.S. Navy in June 2002. Key features of the missile equipped with global positioning system technology; Test results; Implications on military policy.