Romanian Navy Nears Helicopter Decision
- Ecuador buys shipboard helicopter. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Mar1999, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p124
Reports on the acquisition of two Bell 412EP Sentinel helicopters by the Ecuadorian Navy. Features of the helicopters.
- Fair Romeo. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/5/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 13, p52
The article discusses the U.S. Navy's deployment of MH-60R Romeo and Mh-60S Sierra helicopters. In early 2009, 11 MH-60R and eight MH-60S helicopters were deployed by the USS John Stennis Carrier Strike Group for 135 days at sea and this resulted to a 95% sortie completion rate. According to...
- APACHES TO SINGAPORE. Parmalee, Patricia J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/27/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 21, p17
Reports the acquisition of AH-64D Apache attack helicopters by the Singaporean government.
- NEWS BREAKS: MIDDLE EAST. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/26/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 16, p20
The article discusses aspects of the aviation industry in the Middle East including used IAR 330 Puma helicopters and anti-ship missiles that are equipped with a turbojet engine that increases the engagement range of the weapon.
- DEFENSE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Nigeria;Mar2006, p10
Focuses on the defense forces of Nigeria. Total number of armed services personnel; Demonstration of its capability to mobilize, deploy and sustain battalions in support of peacekeeping operations by the Nigerian Army; List of equipment of the Nigerian Navy, including frigates; Countries where...
- CNGF EW Contract Looms on Horizon. Rivers, B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Apr2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p26
Presents information on a development contract for the electronic warfare (EW) systems of the Franco-Italian Horizon Common New-Generation Frigate. Development and production of EW suites for the four air-defense frigates to be purchased by French and Italian Navies; Provision of EW systems by...
- RAN Upgrades ANZAC Defenses. Sherman, Kenneth B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the Royal Australian Navy's planned improvement of the warfare and protection capabilities of its ANZAC frigates through an updated Anti-Ship Missile Defenses program. Warfighting Improvement Program details; Companies involved in the upgrading; Equipment to be upgraded; Improvements...
- President Bush Signs DOD Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2003. Dees, C. Stanley // Contract Management;Feb2003, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p56
Focuses on the Bob Stump National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2003 signed by President George W. Bush in the U.S. Appropriations of military activities for the Department of Defense; Efficiencies in procurements pursuant to multiple-award contracts; Guidelines for the deployment...
- Politics at Play in Presidential Helicopter Fleet Program? // Sea Power;Aug2004, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Navy to delay the awarding of a contract to build a fleet of presidential helicopters. Issue of whether to select the U.S. Sikorsky VH92 or the US101, a variant of EH101 helicopter of British-Italian company AgustaWestland; Decision of the Senate defense...