First Alaska-Class Tanker delivered to BP Oil
- Nassco Completes Tanker for Oil Company. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;3/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p51
Reports that the National Steel and Shipbuilding Co. has completed the oil tanker Alaskan Explorer for petroleum firm BP Oil Shipping Co. USA.
- NASSCO Wins T-AKE Contract; First Delivery Expected in 2005. // Sea Power;Dec2001, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p31
Reports that National Steel and Shipbuilding Co. has been awarded a contract to build two Lewis and Clark-class dry cargo ammunition ships for the United States Military Sealift Command. Value of the contract; Features and capabilities of the ships; Functional design work on the ships.
- Navy Deal for Nassco. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;1/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the Navy order for two cargo ships at National Steel and Shipbuilding Co. in the U.S.
- Major Manufacturer a Waterfront Fixture Since '59. // San Diego Business Journal;10/29/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p20
The article presents a corporate profile of San Diego, California-based National Steel and Shipbuilding Co. (NASSCO). The company has been building and designing ships for the U.S. Navy and oil tankers and dry-cargo carriers for commercial markets since 1959. It employs more than 4,600 people...
- Nassco Begins Work on New Class of Navy Ships. // San Diego Business Journal;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p45
Reports that National Steel and Shipbuilding Co. has started putting together a class of military cargo ships in California. Award of funds from the state government to the company; Significance of the program on the company.
- NASSCO Nets Contract for Two Additional T-AKE Ships. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Mar2004, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p41
Reports on the orders received by the National Steel and Shipbuilding Co. (NASSCO) for the fourth and fifth Lewis and Clark-class dry cargo and ammunition ships called T-AKE from the U.S. Naval Sea Systems Command. Expected schedule of delivery of the ships in 2007; Aim of transporting 7,000...
- NASSCO, U.S. Shipping Partners Agree on Nine-Tanker Buy. Burgess, Richard R. // Sea Power;Sep2006, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p54
The article focuses on the agreement of the National Steel & Shipbuilding Co. (NASSCO) to build nine product-carrier tankers for U.S. Shipping Partners LP (USS), a shipping company. The contract includes options for five additional ships, and NASSCO was scheduled to begin construction of the...
- BP Orders Fourth “Alaska Class” Tanker. Pilkington, Steve // Alaska Business Monthly;Dec2001, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p9
Reports that BP Exploration Alaska Inc. has placed an order for a fourth double-hull oil tanker for use in delivering Alaska North Slope crude oil to refineries on the United States West Coast. Construction of the ship by National Steel and Shipbuilding Co.; Delivery schedule; Engine...
- Nassco Loses More On Tanker Deal. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;11/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p22
Reports that General Dynamics took a $24 million charge during its third quarter to reflect losses on subsidiary National Steel and Shipbuilding Company's (NASSCO) program to build four double-hauled oil tankers. Contract between BP Oil Shipping Co. USA and NASSCO; Value of the deal.