Defense Industry Notes
- ITT Industries wins $298.4 million in defense contracts. // Westchester County Business Journal;09/21/98, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p13
Reports that ITT Industries Inc.'s Systems division has won two defense contracts from the United States Navy and Air Force. Value of the contracts; ITT's responsibilities under the contracts; Services offered by ITT's Systems division.
- US Army Boosts Communications for Arabian Peninsula. Puttre, Michael // Journal of Electronic Defense;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p22
Reports on the United States Army's awarding of a $12.8 million contract to ITT Industries for the operation, maintenance and repair of communication systems for the Army's forces in the Arabian Peninsula and Gulf Area. Details of Total-Army Communications-Southwest Asia contract; Sites for...
- Air Force Awards ITT Airport Radar Contract For Oman. // Defense Daily International;1/1/2006, p9
This article reports on a Foreign Military Sales contract awarded by the Oman Air Force to ITT Industries to supply a Terminal Airport Surveillance Radar (TASR) to Oman, as of January 2006. TASR will enable the Royal Oman Air Force to expand its capabilities and better support its mission...
- ITT wins contract for enhanced night-vision goggles. Overton, Gail // Laser Focus World;Jun2005, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p63
Reports on Roanoke, Virginia-based ITT Industries Inc.'s receipt of a contract from the U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command Acquisition Center, Unique Missions Division, for Enhanced Night Vision Goggles. Contract value.
- ITT Industries awarded Navy Missile Payload Systems contract. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Dec2005, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p15
The article reports that ITT Industries will provide engineering, programmatic and operational support services to the U.S. Navy Strategic Systems Program (SSP). ITT will supply weapon-system development, scientific analysis and operation and maintenance of the submarine-launched,...
- ITT Awarded Army Contract For Missile Defense Testing And Development. // Defense Daily;1/5/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the contract awarded by the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command to ITT Industries. An overview of the terms of the deal is provided. The company stated that it will apply its expertise in creating threat missile systems and examining criteria for inceptor...
- Poland Orders ITT Ground Control Approach Radar. // Military Technology;May2003, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p46
Reports on the U.S. Air Force Electronic Systems Center's awarding of a contract to ITT Industries to supply three transportable GCA-2000 radars to Poland. Expansion of the Polish Air Force's capabilities; Key features of the GCA/PAR-2000 family of precision approach.
- Comanche ASE Further Defined. Rivers, Brendan P. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jun2001, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p36
Focuses on ITT Industries' receipt of a contract for the supply of integrated aircraft-survivability equipment for the United States (U.S.) Army's RAH-66 Comanche armed reconnaissance helicopter. Firm's selection of BF Goodrich Co.'s Space and Electro-Optics division and BAE Systems to provide...
- Decomposing productivity growth in Taiwanï¿½s manufacturing, 1981ï¿½1999. Sun, Chia-Hung // Journal of Asian Economics;Aug2004, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p759
The objective of this paper is to identify the sources of output growth using a varying coefficients frontier model in which total factor productivity (TFP) growth can be decomposed into change in technical efficiency and technological progress, taking account of industry-specific...