Trio of Amphibious Ships To Honor Sept. 11 Heroes
- Metro East remembers. // Granite City Press-Record;9/7/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 71, pA4
The article offers information regarding events in several cities in Illinois which are planned to honor the victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks which include Granite City, Collinsville and Edwardsville.
- New Navy Ship Honors 9/11 Pentagon Victims. DE WIND, DORIAN // Moderate Voice;04/07/2013, p7
The article reports on the launch of the amphibious transport dock ship USS Arlington held at Naval Station Norfolk in Virginia. It notes that the ship was named after the county of Arlington, Virginia and honors the 184 victims who died during the American Airlines Flight 77 crashed in...
- Dragline Rebirth. // Industrial Heating;Apr2010, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p24
The article reports on the use of the steel of a crane in the rescue work of airplane crash in Somerset, Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001, and materials of the World Trade Center in New York City which collapsed after a terror strike on the same date, for constructing warships for the U.S....
- Welding 684 ft. of payback. Haftl, Lawrence // Penton's Welding Magazine;Jul2007, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p16
The article focuses on the construction by welders at the Northrop Grumman Ship Systems shipyard in Avondale, Louisiana of the USS New York ship. The ship being built by these welders aims to honor victims who were killed in the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001. Information...
- Let's Not Forget Those Still In Need of Assistance. // Supply House Times;Sep2002, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p50
Provides ways on how to help the families effected by the September 11, 2001 in the U.S. Donation of blood; Participation of first aid course; Consideration of jobs supporting the programs of the government.
- DEDICATION. // NIST Final Report on the Collapse of the World Trade Center Towe;Sep2005, pXI
This article presents a dedication to the victims of the September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks.
- 9/11 Did Not Discriminate ï¿½ So Why Must We? Shaw, Michael // BAGnewsNotes;9/10/2010, p1
Several photographs of Muslim victims of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks including one of Abdoul-Karim Traorï¿½, one of Hadidjatou Karamoko Traorï¿½ with her children, and one of a dead body are presented.
- Searching for life amid untold disaster. Price, John // New York Amsterdam News;9/13/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 34, p3
Focuses on the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center in New York, New York. Efforts to rescue survivors of the incident; Description of the World Trade Center following the terrorist attack; Damages of the terrorist attack; Views of New Yorkers on the terrorist attack.
- This time, I was a half-mile away. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;9/13/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 34, p3
Relates the author's experience during the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack on the World Trade Center in New York, New York. Estimation on the mortalities of the attack; Damages caused by the terrorist attack; Description of the appearance of survivors.