Ship System Innovations Will Have Lasting Impact on Navy's Future
- Navy's Tomahawk Flies With Upgraded Communications. // Space & Missile Defense Report;3/3/2014, p4
The Navy and contractor Raytheon [RTN] recently conducted a flight of a Tomahawk land-attack cruise missile to test new communications, the company said on Feb. 27. TheÂ…
- Taiwan Reorganizes, Rearms Navy. Sherman, Kenneth B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p24
Reports on Taipei's recognition of its navy around the four armed and seaworthy ex-Kidd-class guided-missile destroyers in Taiwan. Creation of a Task Force 63; Deployment of navy's warships in administrative groupings of the same class ship at one base or patrol area.
- Naval Warfare & MBDA Solutions. Mayence, Henry // Military Technology;Dec2002, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p74
Features MBDA's missile products and solutions for naval warfare. EXOCET sea-skimming, anti-ship missile; PAAMS area air defense system; SCALP naval cruise missile.
- Willard calls balance of power gap across Taiwan Strait 'profound'. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;10/5/2011, p2
The article reports that the military balance across the 100-mile Taiwan Strait has shifted to the side of Beijing, China. According to U.S. admiral Robert Willard, the combat power that the People's Republic of China holds across strait and Taiwan is very significant. It reports that China has...
- A THOROUGHBRED SHIP-KILLER. Patch, John // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Apr2010, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p48
The article offers information on the Chinese Houbei-class guided-missile fast-attack craft (Type 022). It states that despote of being an efficient warfare equipment it is unknown to a majority of defense analysts. Further, it discusses the eminent features and the design of the vehicle. Also,...
- Section 4 Defense Structure and Doctrine. // Baltic Defence Review;Jan2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the defense structure and doctrine in Baltic States. Integration of maritime defense with the territorial land defense; Identification of the future naval development; Implementation of military doctrine.
- Pentagon Eyes Additions To Anti-Missile Arsenal. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/10/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 23, p20
Reports on the forecasted condition of missile defense system of the U.S. Navy for the year 2005. Limitation of operational capabilities early as 2008; Provision of the laser system another input to aid in the discrimination process; Modification of the lightweight exoatmospheric projectile.
- GERMAN NAVAL PROTECTION FORCES. Mannhardt, Jürgen // Naval Forces;2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p25
Features the Naval Protection Forces of Germany in 2005. Military concept; Military missions; Military perspectives.
- FOURTH ACTIVATION OF BLACKSEAFOR. // Naval Forces;2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p43
Exercise Black Sea Partnership '05 was conducted between 7-10 April 2005 in the territorial seas and southern international waters of the Black Sea with the objective of enhancing the co-ordination capabilities among the six Black Sea littoral States. The second phase of the fourth activation of...