Ship System Innovations Will Have Lasting Impact on Navy's Future
- Navy's Tomahawk Flies With Upgraded Communications. // Space & Missile Defense Report;3/3/2014, p4
The Navy and contractor Raytheon [RTN] recently conducted a flight of a Tomahawk land-attack cruise missile to test new communications, the company said on Feb. 27. TheÂ…
- Taiwan Reorganizes, Rearms Navy. Sherman, Kenneth B. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Dec2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p24
Reports on Taipei's recognition of its navy around the four armed and seaworthy ex-Kidd-class guided-missile destroyers in Taiwan. Creation of a Task Force 63; Deployment of navy's warships in administrative groupings of the same class ship at one base or patrol area.
- Naval Warfare & MBDA Solutions. Mayence, Henry // Military Technology;Dec2002, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p74
Features MBDA's missile products and solutions for naval warfare. EXOCET sea-skimming, anti-ship missile; PAAMS area air defense system; SCALP naval cruise missile.
- Willard calls balance of power gap across Taiwan Strait 'profound'. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;10/5/2011, p2
The article reports that the military balance across the 100-mile Taiwan Strait has shifted to the side of Beijing, China. According to U.S. admiral Robert Willard, the combat power that the People's Republic of China holds across strait and Taiwan is very significant. It reports that China has...
- A THOROUGHBRED SHIP-KILLER. Patch, John // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Apr2010, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p48
The article offers information on the Chinese Houbei-class guided-missile fast-attack craft (Type 022). It states that despote of being an efficient warfare equipment it is unknown to a majority of defense analysts. Further, it discusses the eminent features and the design of the vehicle. Also,...
- Section 4 Defense Structure and Doctrine. // Baltic Defence Review;Jan2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the defense structure and doctrine in Baltic States. Integration of maritime defense with the territorial land defense; Identification of the future naval development; Implementation of military doctrine.
- A Legislative Agenda For Transformational Times. McNeill, Sheila M. // Sea Power;May2005, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p3
Focuses on the legislative agenda of the Navy League for the 109th Congress that provides vital support to the sea services as they take on broader mission in an era of fiscal restraint. Need for a Navy fleet of not less than 300 ships to continue its leading role in the battle against...
- Defense Watch. // Defense Daily;10/24/2005, Vol. 228 Issue 14, p1
The article presents news briefs on issues and events in the defense industry in the U.S. as of October 2005. The U.S. Senate Armed Service Committee will hold nomination hearings in October 2005 for Navy acquisition chief John Young to become director of defense research and engineering and for...
- COMBAT FLEETS. Baker III, A. D. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2003, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p89
Aside from orders last year for eight Kilo-class diesel submarines and two more Sovremennyy-class guided-missile destroyers to China, the Russian shipbuilding industry has had few recent successes in obtaining export orders for its increasingly dated warship designs. The greatly modified...