West Virginia Candidate Proposes Bonds to Fund Workers' Comp
- STATE OF THE STATE. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 48, p55
Reports political developments in California as of December 2003. Proposal of workers' compensation package by the Independent Business Coalition; Candidacy of U.S. treasurer Rosario Marin as senator; Reform of health insurance legislation.
- Profitable LVL Operators Could Bring State Even More Revenue. WORKMAN, JIM // State Journal (WV);11/13/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p15
No abstract available.
- U.S. lotteries net $17.5 billion in revenue during FY07. McQueen, Patricia A. // International Gaming & Wagering;Apr2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p26
The article reports on lottery revenues in the U.S. in 2007. Lotteries delivered a total of $17.5 billion to charities and foundations in 2007, with $15.5 billion derived from $52.7 billion in sales of lottery products and $2.1 billion in sales from electronic gaming devices. Data on prize...
- Connecticut shrinks bond sale benefitting compensation fund. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;01/29/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30320, p1
Reports on Connecticut's plans to sell only half of the $700 million worth of bonds authorized by the state legislature in 1995 to bail out the Second Injury Fund, a workers' compensation pool managed by the treasury office. Amount of bonds issued by the state to settle compensation claims;...
- L.A. county may sell bonds to defray workers' comp costs. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;11/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30524, p6
Reports on Los Angeles County, California's plan to issue bonds to catch up with workers' compensation costs. Total unfunded liability of workers' compensation; Possible options under consideration for using bond proceeds; Use of an earlier San Bernardino workers' compensation deal as basis for...
- Suit Still Has West Virginia Bonds and Budget in Limbo. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p28
Reports on the effects of the court case involving the West Virginia Economic Development Grant Committee on the state budget and planned sale of lottery-backed revenue bonds. Arguments presented by the state Economic Development Grant Committee to the Court of Appeals regarding the revenue...
- PAULICK REPORT Betting on Incentives. // Canadian Thoroughbred;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p28
The article presents the author's insights on the issue of competition in horse breeding industry. The author states that the industry is getting numerous problems in gaining profits due to increasing demand in gambling, slot machines or video lottery terminals (VLTs) and entertainment dollar....
- Adria Gaming looking good in Italy. // Casino International;Sep2013, p6
The article reports on the expansion of the position of Adria Gaming International in the Italian market through the introduction of Comma 6b video lottery terminal (VLT) machines in the country in 2009. It says that Adria Gaming was established as an operator for the Comma 6a Amusement With...
- Arnold Will Play to Business In Recall Run. Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p39
Comments on the consideration of the business climate issue among gubernatorial candidates in California. Generation of public support; Encouragement of the business community to participate in the recall election; Assessment of the workers' compensation issue.