Corpus Christi, Tex., Voters to Decide on $95M Worth of Projects
- Tax us, please. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p1
Property owners in the Cedar-Lee and Cedar-Fairmount areas are working to create special improvement districts, or SIDs that would add a levy to their property taxes to generate revenue for marketing and physical improvements to their districts. John Zagara, store director at Zagara's...
- ASSESSMENT-SALE RATIOS UNDER THE BOSTON PROPERTY TAX. Oldman, Oliver; Aaron, Henry // National Tax Journal;Mar65, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p36
Analyzes the pattern of deviation of property tax assessments from the legally established norm of uniform assessment at 'fair cash value' in Boston, Massachusetts. Use of data on sales price, assessed value, location, and use for properties within the property tax jurisdiction of Boston;...
- It's way past time to complete Unigov. Williams, Brian // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p13
The article discusses the property-tax problems in Marion County and around Indiana. The problems involved the manner in which property is assessed and the government infrastructure that establishes tax rates or levies and whose operations are funded in large measures by property-tax...
- A perfect storm. Schitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/4/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p3
The article discusses the possibility that some homeowners in Marion County and other parts of Indiana could see as much as 50% increase in property tax. The dramatic property-tax hikes are partly attributed to Indiana's abolition of the inventory tax across the state in 2002. As assessors...
- Michigan residents ask court to rule on sewer tax. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/10/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30637, p5
Reports on the class-action suit against communities in Wayne County, Michigan for property taxes imposed on residents to repay the county's sewer bonds. Conditions of a court settlement in 1994 involving Wayne County and the Environmental Protection Agency; Amount collected from eight...
- Commission position. Wickenden, Tony // Money Marketing;2/21/2002, p72
Discusses the tax imposed on independent financial advisers (IFA) based on the commission received. Tax assessment of a commission received by the IFA from providers; Commission earned by IFA on goods or services bought by himself or his family.
- A Discussion about Chinese "Property Tax" and its Reform Goals. Cai Hongying; Xu Jian Guo // Journal of Property Tax Assessment & Administration;2007, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p23
The article examines the design of the property tax system of China, as well as its need to reach an agreement regarding its reform goals. Key information about the Communist Party of China (CPC)'s Central Committee's Decisions on Some Problems in Consummating the Market Economic System is...
- Manufacturers support reassessment delay. Olson // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/03/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p14
Comments on the support given by manufacturers in Indiana to recommendations made by Governor Frank O'Bannon to delay the implementation of a property reassessment plan. Adverse impact of the reassessment proposal on the industry; Tax rules drafted by the State Board of Tax Commissioners.
- Ad Valorem Appraisals and the Reuse of Inner-City Properties. Malizia, Emil E. // Assessment Journal;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p18
Compares the market values of a sample of inner-city properties in Greensboro, North Carolina, to their assessed values for real property tax purposes. Process of tax appraisal; Objectives of property assessment; Reasons for overvaluation; Process of inner-city redevelopment.