Connecticut Gears Up for Bond-Heavy Fourth Quarter
- Delaware's Delayed GO Sale Tentatively Rescheduled for Mid-January. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;09/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31971, p4
The article reports on Delaware's delayed general obligation bond sale that has been tentatively rescheduled for the second week in January and could include more than $100 million in new money and possibly some refunding bonds. The state typically sells between $100 million and $200 million of...
- Tax-Backed Road Bonds Floated in Nebraska Bill. Devitt, Caitlin // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/4/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the inclusion of the taxation of road bonds in a bill in Nebraska.
- Zero-coupon bonds. // Practical Accountant;Oct99, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p26
Enumerates the advantages of zero-coupon bonds in the United States. Payment of secondary market trading; Bonds taxation and redemption.
- Tax-Exempt Bonds Closing Agreement Program. // Practical Accountant;Nov2001, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
Discusses the United States Internal Revenue Service's creation of a voluntary closing agreement program for tax-exempt bonds discussed in 'Notice 2001-60.' Opportunity for bond issuers and conduit borrowers to correct violations of the tax law and regulations on tax-exempt bonds; Contact...
- Uniform audits ahead? Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/08/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30721, p1
Reports on the uniformity in the tax-exempt bond enforcement program of the United States government. Maturity of the regulation of municipal bonds; Growth of intermediate sanctions regime.
- Clinton's looming veto jeopardizes bond programs in Republican tax cut bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30723, p5
Reports on the spate of tax-exempt bond proposals in the United States Congress' $792 billion tax bill. Negotiation of a tax deal; Provisions of the appropriations bill in the US Congress.
- The War on Tax-Exempts. // Saturday Evening Post;3/24/1934, Vol. 206 Issue 39, p22
Focuses on the possible actions that the U.S. Congress will take to govern the tax status of future bond issues. Reasons of pursuing the tax-exemption policy; Comments on a report submitted by Senator Augustine Lonergan on tax-exempt securities; Effect of the issuance of tax-exempt securities.
- Prince George's County, Md., Delays $65 Million Borrowing. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/30/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32019, p4
The article focuses on issues related to public finance in Prince George County, Virginia. Although officials in Prince George's County, have announced they will break ground for the $ I billion National Harbor hotel and convention center project on Thursday, plans for the county to issue $65...
- The After-Tax Yield to Maturity of a Premium Bond: Bias from a Simple Approximation. Heuson, Andrea J.; Rodriguez, Ricardo J. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Spring93, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p183
When finding the after-tax yield to maturity of a bond, it is customary to use the approximate relationship: after-tax yield = (1 - tax rate) x (before-tax yield). This paper provides a theoretical justification for this simplified formula by showing that, for premium bonds, it can be obtained...