Florida Agency Fires Director Who Pushed Ill-Fated Road Project
- Florida DOT Seeks Proposals for State's First Private Tolled Expressway. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;9/ 9/2013, p10
The article calls for competitive proposals for the first privately operated tolled expressway by the Florida Department of Transportation between Newport Richey and Zephyrhills in Florida due on October 9, 2013. The winning bidder will finance, design and build a 33-mile-long, east-west route...
- Public-private partnership to rebuild I-4 near Orlando. Quinn, Matthew W. // American City & County Exclusive Insight;9/16/2014, p1
The article provides information on the rebuilding of Interstate Four highway in urban Orlando by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). The project named "I-4 Ultimate Improvement Project" is a 2.3 billion dollars deal which is expected to take six and a half years, and the...
- Florida DOT Breaks Ground on Billion-Dollar Parkway Project. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;08/02/2013, p5
The article focuses on the 1.5 billion-dollar Wekiva Parkway project, a joint effort between Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) and the Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority that is designed to improve travel to various tourist destinations in Centra Florida and help strengthen the...
- Truck-only toll lanes set for Florida. Dunn, Jill // Overdrive;Apr2010, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p14
The article reports that the construction of the truck-only toll lanes of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is scheduled to begin by summer of 2013 in Florida.
- One final puff. Bernos, Michael // Roads & Bridges;Aug2014, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p32
The article discusses how the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) undertook the reconstruction of highway I-4 to improve the traffic problem of Ybor City and to reestablish the district as a National Historic Landmark District. Topics discussed include how activities in the Port of Tampa...
- Tollway Defense. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2004, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the security and loss program by the Department of Transportation in Florida. Creation of the state's Turnpike Enterprise by Richard Arce; Recovery of thousands of dollars through covert surveillance and criminal interviews; Application of electronic security video systems to identify...
- More direct. Frank, Richard; Hines, Franklin // Roads & Bridges;May2012, p42
The article features the Connector or the I-4/Selmon Expressway Interchange in Tampa, Florida. The Connector project is part of the enhancements identified in the Tampa Interstate Study/Final Environmental Impact Statement. It was designed by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT),...
- Florida DOT, Federal Transportation Officials Cut Ribbon on Tampa Connector Project. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;1/3/2014, p4
The article reports on the inauguration of Tampa Connector highway by the Department of Transport (DOT) in Florida.
- TRANSPORTING FLORIDA FORWARD. NEWBY, JOSH // Pensacola Magazine;Dec2015, p53
The article discusses the highway system of Northwest Florida under the management of the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) with the Florida-Alabama Transportation Planning Organization (TPO).