Southeast Bond Boom?
- Jefferson County, Colo., Schools Hitting Market With $265M. Alhanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32030, p34
No abstract available.
- School Safety. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p37
Reports on the introduction of the legislation on the help provided by Idaho state in the school financing. Proposal of a ballot to measure voters for the passage of the local district bond measure; Increase in the number of approved bond measures in the state; Approval of the subsidies for...
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;1/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32056, p30
The article presents a list of invisible supply of Southwest. The states for which data are presented are Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico and Texas.
- Moody's Affirms Alabama's Aa3, Watches It for Upgrade. Siego, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32062, p3
This article informs that on the eve of Alabama Governor Bob Riley's state of the state address, Moody's Investors Service affirmed the state's Aa3 credit rating and placed it on watch list for a possible upgrade. Moody's action affects $380.4 million of general obligation debt, including $103.9...
- Detroit's long-awaited $350 million school issue scheduled for this year. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;06/25/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30422, p38
Reports that the Detroit Public Schools will sell up to $122 million of refunding bonds and as much as $230 million of money to pay for school construction in Detroit, Michigan. Bond rating received by the issue from Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's; Total worth of bonds to be...
- Indianapolis Public Schools to Decide Fate of $278 Million Issue Next Week. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/27/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32908, p28
The article reports that the Indianapolis Public Schools (IPS) will likely decide whether to proceed with a long-delayed $278 million bond issue that would mark the first school-related financing that would required voter approval under a new law in Indiana. The third phase of the district's...
- Shortfalls Haven't Scared North Carolina Away From Bonding. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31339, p26
Reports the plan of North Carolina to issue general obligation bonds. Use of the proceeds for higher education and public schools; Inclusion of taxable bonds; Statement of deputy state treasurer Robert High on the sale.
- N.Y.'s Suffolk County Eyes Upgrade Ahead of New Deals. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;4/28/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32121, p3
The article reports that Suffolk County in New York is eying upgrade ahead of new deals. Suffolk County officials are optimistic that the county's debt will soon be upgraded even as they put together a pair of bond deals together worth up to $102 million combined. The county plans to...
- Cook County, Ill., OKs Budget, Cuts Jobs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32575, p1
The article reports that Board of Commissioners in Cook County, Illinois has approved the $3 billion spending plan for 2007 of President Todd Stroger that eliminates a $500 million deficit through layoffs, spending and program cuts and a restructuring of some outstanding debt. According to...