The ties that bind
- Two Charming Foreigners. Corliss, Richard // Time;11/17/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 20, Following p140
Reviews the animated motion picture, "Les Triplettes de Belleville", which is also known as "Belleville Rendezvous", from French comic-strip artist Sylvain Chomet.
- BATTLING EVIL AND MORTALITY. Cunneen, Joseph // National Catholic Reporter;1/16/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p16
Reviews two motion pictures "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King," directed by Peter Jackson and "Les invasions barbares," by Denys Arcand.
- Top 5 Sports Films. Downs, Cécile Mouette // France Today;Oct2007, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p42
The article reviews several sports films in France, including "Zidane: Un Portrait Du 21Ã¨me SiÃ¨cle," starring football player Zinedine Zidane, "Les Triplettes De Belleville," and "Coup De TÃªte."
- 'Seduction' paces pack with 11 Genie chances. Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/23/2004, Vol. 383 Issue 7, p73
Motion picture director Jean-Francois Pouliot's film "La Grande Seduction" led the way with 11 Genie award nominations, including best picture, director and original screenplay. Close behind was Denys Arcand's "The Barbarian Invasions," which grabbed nine Genie nominations after capturing the...
- The Monstrous-Masculine: Adolescence, Abjection, and the Screen Male in Denys Arcand's Les Invasions barbares (2003) and Alejandro GonzÃ¡lez IÃ±Ã¡rritu's Amores perros (2000). O'Sullivan, Sarah-May // FIAR: Forum for Inter-American Research;Jun2008, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p35
The article discusses the heterosexual adolescent male's physical, psychological, and behavioral metamorphoses that is shown in cinema outside the horror genre. It presents film texts such "Oh, the rivers of sperm I spilled dreaming of her thighs!" from French-Canadian writer director Denys...
- THE HOCUS POCUS OF ANIMATION. Prentice, Goerge // Boise Weekly;3/2/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p34
The article reviews the animated film "The Illusionist," featuring the voices of Jean-Claude Donda, Eilidh Rankin, and Duncan MacNeil, and directed by Sylvain Chomet.
- Widescreen. Cousins, Mark // Prospect;Aug2010, Issue 173, p75
The article reviews the film "The Illusionist," directed by Sylvain Chomet.
- THE ILLUSIONIST. Brody, Richard // New Yorker;1/17/2011, Vol. 86 Issue 44, p15
A review of the motion picture "The Illusionist," directed by Sylvain Chomet, is presented.
- Festival de Cannes 2003. Porton, Richard // Cineaste;Fall2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p52
Comments on the quality of the films featured in the 2003 Cannes Film Festival in France. "Dogville," directed by Lars von Trier; "Elephant," directed by Gus Van Sant; "Les Invasions Barbares," directed by Denys Arcand.