Prevention of influenza in the general population
- Flu vaccinations now underway. // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Apr2015, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p9
No abstract available.
- Rebuttal. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/09/2001, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p40
Addresses an argument made against universal influenza vaccinations which was made in the January 9, 2001 issue of the 'Canadian Medical Association Journal.' Reasons for supporting universal immunization; View that population immunization is an outstanding public health achievement; Opinion...
- Rebuttal. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;1/09/2001, Vol. 164 Issue 1, p41
Addresses an argument which was made in favor of universal influenza vaccination programs in the January 9, 2001 issue of the 'Canadian Medical Association Journal.' Argument that vaccination efficacy is low; View that low vaccination efficacy makes mass immunization programs non-cost...
- Preparing for the flu season. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/20/98, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p981
Presents information from the `Statement on influenza vaccination for the 1998-1999 season,' by Canada's National Advisory Committee on Immunization. The recommended trivalent vaccine; The three high risk groups; Possible side effects. INSET: Identifying groups at high risk for...
- WSCA offering flu shots Friday. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/25/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p11
The article reports on the seasonal flu vaccinations that will be provided by WestShore Civic Association (WSCA) on October 27, 2006 at Laguna Park in Texas. Residents can received shots at the facility of WSCA from 12 pm to 6:30 pm. Melvin Musgrove Medicine will administer the vaccinations and...
- Introduction of Haemophilus Influenzae type b (Hib) as pentavalent (DPT-HepB-Hib) vaccine in two states of India. Gupta, Satish; Sosler, Stephen; Lahariya, Chandrakant // Indian Pediatrics;Sep2012, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p707
The article offers information on Haemophilus influenza type b (Hib) vaccine in India. Hib disease contributes four percent of all annual deaths in India. In June 2011, Hib vaccine was introduced in the national immunization program of various countries. A description of the strategy used and...
- Influvac Sub-unit. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p304
The article presents information on Influvac Sub-unit, a proprietary, prescription-only preparation of influenza vaccine. Influvac Sub-unit can be used as immunization for the prevention of influenza, and is available in a form of injection.
- Flu jabs halve mortality. // GP: General Practitioner;10/5/2007, p66
The article reports on a research, which has stated that vaccinating the elderly against flu can almost halve the risk of death. It was based on data collected from 18 cohort studies carried out between 1990-2000 by researchers in the U.S. Influenza vaccination was found to reduce the risk of...
- U.S. health officials urge universal flu shots. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Nov2005, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that United States health officials are urging the public to get a flu shot. The rationale behind the campaign comes from the herd community concept, which says that fewer flu viruses will circulate if more people are vaccinated.