More Boiler Demons
- Products. // InTech;Jul2004, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p51
This section provides information on several instrumentation and process-control products. The SPRTX Series of industrial RTD two-wire transmitters has a hermetically sealed miniature signal conditioner built into connector housing. The transmitter connects directly to a three-wire RTD probe...
- Silent Sentinels: Preparing Boiler Pressure Relief Valves for Reliable Service. // Power Engineering;Feb2012, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p66
The article discusses the proper design and maintenance of boiler pressure relief valves for reliable operation. It examines the adverse impact of inlet, outlet and accessory problems on the performance of pressure relief valves. It presents several checklists for boiler maintenance managers,...
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jan2007 Supplement, Vol. 79, pBSE30
The article introduces equipment for heating systems. Benefits of the motors of the NRF-36 and NRF-45 three-speed wet-rotor circulators from Bell & Gossett include a high starting torque. One of the aftermarket services for horizontal and vertical heat-recovery steam generators from CMI EPTI LLC...
- Special Focus on BOILERS. // Chemical Business;Sep2007, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p45
The article focuses on boiler design issues. The design of such a vessel involves the interaction of a number of variables such as water-steam circulation and heat transfer. Choice of fuel has a major effect on boiler design and sizing. Also mentioned are important criteria for industrial boiler...
- Babbitt Casting and Babbitt Spraying Processes. Azizpour, M. Jalali; Norouzi, S.; Majd, H. Mohammadi // World Academy of Science, Engineering & Technology;Aug2011, Issue 56, p1034
In this paper, the babbitting of a bearing in boiler feed pump of an electromotor has been studied. These bearings have an important role in reducing the shut down times in the pumps, compressors and turbines. The most conventional method in babbitting is casting as a melting method. The...
- Boilers. // Engineered Systems;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p87
The article evaluates Hydrotherm's six-page, full color brochure featuring the company's complete line of KN Series commercial gas-fired, direct vent cast iron boilers.
- Is a High-Efficiency Boiler Right for Your Facility? Neill, Thomas E. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;May2006, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p15
The article offers advice on the selection of a boiler suitable for the heating requirements and infrastructure of a facility. The conventional boiler has an 85 percent efficiency. The condensing boiler operates with lower flue gas temperatures and emissions, including reduced fuel consumption.
- BRAIN TEASER. // Engineer (00137758);11/5/2004, Vol. 293 Issue 7663, p70
Presents an intellectually challenging puzzle about ship boilers.
- Typical Causes of Slagging and Fouling Problems in Boilers. (Dick) Storm, Richard F. // Power;Jun2015, Vol. 159 Issue 6, p58
The article presents suggestions on dealing with issues related to boiler slagging and fouling. It is noted that the most common causes of maintenance headaches at coal-fired power plants is boiler slagging and fouling. It is mentioned that using the American Society for Testing and Materials...