Specifying Underfloor Plenums
- Tight Spaces Require Creative HVAC Solutions. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/27/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 13, Special section p8
The article reports that several air-conditioning contractors are searching for new ways to install larger indoor coils for system replacements in tight spaces. They have to ensure that the system delivers the efficiency according to the requirements of the system. The efficiency of a new system...
- Low Reynolds Number Air-Flow Heat transfer in Trapezoidally Corrugated Perforated Plate-Fin Ducts. Huzayyin, O. A.; Jog, M. A.; Manglik, R. M. // ASHRAE Transactions;2010, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p339
No abstract available.
- California Building Codes Raise New Challenges. Walker, Iain // Home Energy;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p10
The article reports that low duct leakage is now a requirement for new construction in California, Florida, and Washington. Building America. Because good duct construction is fairly straightforward during the installation process, the specifications have been relatively well accepted. As part...
- MXA PERFORMANCE GUIDE: TO THE 2011 KTM 350SXF. // Motocross Action Magazine;Jan2011, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p63
The article offers information on the "Motocross Action Magazine" (MXA) performance guide for the 2011 KTM 350SXF motorcycle. It says that the installation of 1.5 millimeter (mm) prototype shock linkage arms in the motorcycle improves front part balance. It mentions that the application of...
- Stumped by the Code? Holt, Mike // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Dec2005, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p48
The article presents questions and answers related to electrical connections. One question demands the explanation for the limit of 30 days for using extension chord. Another question inquires about the situation in which low-voltage or signaling or power-limited limited cables are required to...
- Nonlinear input power flow analysis of a plate with a breathing crack. Zhonghao Pang; Xiang Zhu; Tianyun Li; Ling Zhang // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 638-640, p163
Plates are commonly used in engineering structures. However crack is the most common form of damages in the plate structures. The crack in the plate will open and close during vibrational cycle, making the cracked structure with nonlinear dynamic characteristics. Based on vibrational power flow...
- Analysis on the Inhomogeneity of Air Intake and Retrofit Optimization of the Air Intake Pipe in the Engine T12V190c. Xiao-jie LI; Zhong-yu ZHAO; Yu-tian PAN // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 635-637, p7
Taking the air intake pipe in the engine as the target of the research, the software STAR-CDE is adopted to build a three-dimensional simulation model for the air intake pipe in the engine T12V190 with the aim to solve the problems of air input deficiency, Combustion deterioration and...
- Computer control speeds drug search. Koucky, Sherri; Mraz, Stephen // Machine Design;06/15/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p38
Introduces NanoPlates, a plate built for chemical compound screening process, from Aurora Biosciences Corp. Measurement of the plate's topology with a laser displacement sensor prior to being scanned.
- ACT Test Panels LLC, Booth 905. // Products Finishing;Aug2008, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p61
The article evaluates test panel products and technologies from ACT Test Panels LLC.