Specifying Desiccant Dehumidifiers
- Keeping cool with low moisture. Barker, John // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;May2015, p34
The article explains some factors that need to consider when installing a dehumidifier to address the problems relating to high humidity in cold rooms. Topics mentioned include the use of desiccants to minimize or prevent condensation by adsorbing the moisture from the air, the importance of...
- INDEPENDENT CONTROL OF HUMIDITY, TEMPERATURE IN NEW COMPACT, PACKAGED DESIGN. // Engineered Systems;Nov2004 Supplement, Vol. 21, p16
Features the Humidity Control Unit 3000 from Munters. Provision of an economical way to bring make-up air into a commercial space and control temperature and humidity; Ability to recycle waste energy from cooling components; Removal of humidity from building makeup air using a desiccant rotor.
- Removing MOISTURE with Desiccants. Meyers, Mel // Process Cooling & Equipment;May2005, p21
The article presents information on desiccant dehumidification. The dictionary defines dehumidification as the process of removing atmospheric moisture, and there are three ways to accomplish the task; by increasing the total pressure or compressing the air by cooling the air to condense the...
- CONTROLLING Condensation. Smith, Kevin // Process Cooling & Equipment;May2007, p21
The article focuses on controlling condensation in food processing environments. Condensation is formed through the pyschrometrics known as dewpoint. Reducing the dewpoint of the air can be accomplished by introducing and treating outdoor air, dehumidifying the air with refrigeration and...
- mo's CORNER: Part 18: How do dry air dryers work? // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Dec2014, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p40
The article discusses the design and working of dry air dryers. It categorizes dry air dryers into two categories including desiccant dryers and compressed air dryers and mentions that in desiccant dryers, hygroscopic desiccant materials are used to release the moisture. It states that the...
- More energy-efficient dehumidification. Karpen, Daniel // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/17/99, Vol. 207 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the development of a dehumidification technology that uses air-to-air plate heat exchangers instead of desiccants for air conditioning systems. Applications where dehumidification is a necessity; Energy savings from the technology.
- Taking the Heat out of Desiccants. Moffitt, Ronnie // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Mar2007, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p20
The article offers information on avoiding the use of new-energy regeneration in the commercial use of desiccants. According to the author, desiccants that are heat-activated are commonly used in dehumidification of air in commercial applications. High-temperature regeneration heat elimination...
- Combined heat and mass transfer analysis during the dehumidification process within a plate type heat exchanger. Cho, Yong; Kim, Seon; Kim, Young; Kang, Yong // Journal of Mechanical Science & Technology;Jun2013, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p1875
Liquid desiccant systems have been paid attention because of its advantages in energy saving and an environmental friendliness. The use of liquid desiccant systems offers design and performance advantages over the solid desiccant systems, especially when solar energy is used for regeneration....
- Products Solving Problems. // Concrete Construction;Mar2005, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p86
Focuses on the solution to the moisture problem in concrete slab. Types of moisture problem; Disadvantages of HVAC systems; Efficiency and reliability of desiccant dehumidification systems. INSET: Accelerating Best Buy construction..