Specifying Light-Commercial Boilers
- I ester on licensing. Holohan, Dan // Plumbing & Mechanical;Jul2012, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p24
The article presents the author's views on his friend Lester who started selling "Jenny Craig" boilers after reading about the health benefits of being chilly. He comments that Lester has been very successful with this as these are ordinary boilers but half the size of what the building needs on...
- Armstrong International. // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Oct2005, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p16
The article evaluates the Flo-Direct, a line of gas-fired hot-water heaters from Armstrong International and offers information on its heating medium, heating method and water temperature availability.
- Skidding with the boiler. // Dairy Industries International;Aug2015, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p32
The article offers information on several boilers from Fulton including the JFS series of vertical boilers; the FHE-250 hot water boilers; and the FB-L electric boilers.
- Performing a 'DHW-ectomy' in a retrofit. Eatherton, Mark // Contractor Magazine;Nov2003, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p30
Describes a task which required the replacement of the domestic hot water (DHW) system on a multifamily housing project. Major challenge posed by the task; Installation of the boilers with their own circulators and reconfiguration of the system as a primary/secondary piping system; Benefits...
- Energy efficient gas fired condensing boilers. Hammond, Alan // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Oct2010, p22
The article focuses on condensing boilers which, according to the author, are considered as the most energy efficient central heating boilers on the market. It cites the reasons why not all manufactured boilers are condensing, such as the loss of natural buoyancy of the flue products when the...
- My new, upside-down DHW system. Eatherton, Mark // Contractor Magazine;Apr2005, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p34
Presents an article about a domestic hot water system. Diagram of the domestic hot water system; Boiler temperature required to maintain a condensing mode; Installation of the hot water system.
- Boiler systems: Economics and efficiencies. Tabrizi, Dominic // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Jun2012, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p28
The article offers helpful information for engineers in terms of installing new boiling systems in order to meet a building's hot water needs. Factors that influence boiler system effectiveness in real time are highlighted including system components and configuration, outdoor air temperatures,...
- Transitions, Part 1. Siegenthaler, John // Plumbing & Mechanical;Oct2011, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p10
The article provides information on the wood fired hydronic heating system and discusses the use of a wood gasification boiler. It states that this system can be more thermal efficient and if the wood source wanes it switches to auxiliary boiler automatically. Wood gasification boilers are...
- Hamworthy boilers best in class for local independent school. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Spring2013 Boiling Point, p7
The article presents a case study on four Hamworthy Purewell Classic atmospheric boilers with three Purewell VariHeat-pre mix condensing modular boilers. It states that Purewell VariHeat boilers are commonly used in refurbishments projects because of their robust cast iron heat exchanger. High...