SARS silver lining: a renewal of public health
- Practical Stuff! // Journal of Environmental Health;May2006, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p48
This article presents information about the environmental transmission of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) at Amoy Gardens. The Amoy Gardens outbreak infected 321 people and caused 42 deaths. The first, or index, case occurred in a 33-year-old man who lived in Shenzhen, Guangdong Sheng,...
- Growing older - adding life to your years. // Active Living: Newsletters;Jan2011, pN2
The article offers information on the 2010 report on the State of Public Health in Canada that was released by Dr. David Butler-Jones, the Chief Public Health Officer of Canada. It states that the health and well-being of Canadian seniors has generally improved. Statistical information on health...
- Butler-Jones Appointment - Good news for public health! Wilson, Elinor // Canadian Journal of Public Health;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 95 Issue 6, p404
This article reports that David Butler-Jones' appointment as Canada's first Chief Public Health Officer comes at an ideal time. The development of the Canadian Agency for Public Health is underway, and Canadians know that the next epidemic of infectious disease and the growing burden of chronic...
- Public health primer. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;7/29/2008, Vol. 179 Issue 3, p227
The article provides information on Canada's first annual report on the state of public health. The report provides a basic primer on the health effects of socio-economic and personal factors such as income, housing, environment, nutrition, education, employment, and access to medical services...
- Ethics and SARS. // Journal of the Canadian Dental Association;Jan2004, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on a report titled "Ethics and SARS: Lessons from Toronto," which examined the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) outbreak in Toronto, Ontario in 2003.
- Mystery Killer. // Current Health 1;Mar2005, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p2
Provides information on the outbreak of SARS.
- SARS legacy boosts Taiwan broadband. Krikke, Jan // Total Telecom Magazine;Aug2003, p20
Reports on the emergence of videoconferencing in Taiwan due to the outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome in 2003. Decision of Chunghwa Telecom to discount its videoconferencing service charges; Statement issued by analyst Deirdre Yeung, about the partnership between Sparq and China...
- Masked, But Not Silent. Arbogast, Donna // Revolution: The Journal for RNs & Patient Advocacy;Jun/Jul2003, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p26
Discusses the impact of the SARS outbreak in Toronto, Ontario on the nursing profession. Number of nurses affected with the disease; Criticisms against the Canadian government's handling of return of the disease; Nurses' call for a comprehensive public inquiry on the health system and policies;...
- SARS: Experiencing an Epidemic. Bodach, Vijaya Khisty // Odyssey;Mar2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p24
Presents information on the epidemic of the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome disease.