Don't Call Us, Says Cox
- SWEET ON COX. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the decision of Cox Enterprises Inc. to raise its bid for the privatization of its cable unit, Cox Communications Inc., in October 2004. Percentage of the assets of Cox Communications owned by Cox Enterprises; Terms of the deal between the companies; Effects of the deal on the U.S....
- Cox touts 16% gain in revenue. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/6/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 26, p13
Shares of cable operator Cox Communications Inc. fell 5.5% on May 5, 2003 as investors ignored news of strong first-quarter growth in revenue, cash flow and customers and instead focused on the company's quarterly loss and potential price war with competing high-speed Internet service providers....
- Symonds Saysâ€¦. Symonds, Curtis // CableFAX Daily;11/1/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 212, p4
The article focuses on the stand of outgoing Cox CEO Jim Robbins on issues affecting the cable industry in the U.S. Robbins comments on the unfair competitive advantages of telecommunication companies in the cable business. According to him, cable operators excelled as providers of service and...
- TCI ramps up programming for its all TV digital service. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;05/19/97, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p4
Reports on Tele-Communications Inc.'s (TCI) carriage cable agreement with Disney and C-SPAN and on its affiliation deal with Cox Communications Inc. Terms of the agreements; Comments from TCI officials; Impact on TCI's television digital service.
- CTAM Teleseminar Spurs Local Chapter Growth. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;4/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p26
Reports the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing teleseminar. Telecast of the event to regional CTAM chapters via satellite; Statement of Joe Rooney, vice president of marketing for Cox Communications Inc.; Adoption of Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS).
- Pipeline Profile: Chris Bowick. // CT's Pipeline;11/28/2006, p5
The article presents an interview with Cox Communications Chief Technical Officer Chris Bowick. Bowick discusses the commitment of Cox Communications in improving its services and enhancing customer experience. He also discusses the status of the iTV project of the company. iTv suite of...
- Across enemy lines. Booth, John // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p1
The article reports on the competition between the cable and telephone industries for customers in Ohio. According to Caryn Candisky, director of public affairs for AT&T Ohio, the business is driven really by customer demand. Cable operators such as Cox Communications Inc. and Time Warner Cable...
- TCA BRIEFS. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;1/20/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 3, p14
Presents news items related to the cable television business in the U.S. Financial performance of Warner Bros. Inc. (WB) during the fourth quarter of the year 2002; Broadcast of the final show of the television program 'Touched by an Angel,' on Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS); Shows to be...
- ...PARTLY CLOUDY. Blum, Jonathan // Cable World (10427228);4/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p20
Compares the financial performance averages of The Weather Channel with that of other cable channels and the industry.