Comcast Settles File Flap
- FCC Eyes WOW Factor. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/25/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 48, p7
Reports on the complaints made by an overbuilder in Detroit Wide Open West about the violation of customer service rules by Comcast Corp. Brief information about the complaint; Investigation of the matter by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- Article Faults FCC on Handling of Comcast 'P2P' Complaint. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;8/10/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p20
The article reports on the faults blamed by an article "Undue Process at the FCC" about handling the complaint of the peer-to-peer (P2P) management practices of Comcast. It notes the points asserted in the article about the unduly interference of such practices with user's access to Internet....
- No Fault in Tennis' Discrimination Claim. // Multichannel News;3/26/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p31
The author reflects on the discrimination claim by a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) law judge between Comcast Corp. and the Tennis Channel.
- Fighting to Bridge the Digital Divide. ANDERSON, JOHN // Social Policy;Spring2014, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p56
The article discusses the campaign against the telecommunications company Comcast and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) due to Comcast's failure to comply to the FCC-mandated condition of creating affordable Internet product for low-income people. Topics covered include Comcast's...
- NFL May Take Gripes to FCC. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the plan of the National Football League (NFL) to file a complaint against the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in an effort to obtain carriage from Time Warner Cable Inc. and improve distribution terms from Comcast Corp. in the U.S. According to commissioner Roger...
- Making a Case For Court-Watching. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;1/7/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p28
The article reports that federal judgments could assist in the decision of the future of the U.S. communications policy in 2013. It discusses the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC)'s network neutrality rules and its ability to define its own power. It also talks on the commission's...
- FCC ENFORCEMENT ACTIONS. // QST;Dec2007, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p61
The article lists several people who received notification from the Federal Communications Commission including Raymond W. Czyzewski, David B. Huston, and Darin W. Colville.
- Study on FCC's Backlog Sees Gains, Urges Action. // Multichannel News;11/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p18
The article reports on the progress of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in clearing up backlogs of petitions and proceedings in 2011.
- Power struggle. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/17/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 25, p50
Focuses on the complaint of WBOC-TV related to interference from a noncommercial stations powered-up DTV signal in Salisbury, Maryland. Basis of U.S. Federal Communication Commission separation scheme; Focus of the complaint on water-related propagation issue; Integrity of existing analog signals.