A CENTURY OF SENSE: TRANSLATING TECHIES
- BÄ°R TERCÃœME SÃœRECÄ°NDE MÃœTERCÄ°MÄ° YÃ–NLENDÄ°REN SEBEPLERE ANALÄ°TÄ°K BÄ°R BAKIÅž (KureyÅŸ sÃ»resi Ã¶rneÄŸi). Gürbüz, Faruk // Ekev Academic Review;Winter2006, Vol. 10 Issue 26, p15
In this article, I tried to stress that the art of translation Ä±s a very complex work. Besides, I also concentrated on the reasons that direct the translator to the various principals of translations, so the problems that come into existence from the text and the problems that direct,...
- Translating with the Internet, translating with Speechy Project. James, Nicolás Pino // @tic.revista d'innovaciÃ³ educativa;
The article discusses Speechy Project (SP), a paper which aims to bring peace to the professional translations necessary through the Internet. It puts emphasis on the paper's translation section that observes the behavior of translators online. It explains the cooperative principle with the...
- The Translation Inquirer. Decker, John // ATA Chronicle;Feb2013, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p34
The article presents the new queries on language translation from several languages across the globe. It offers the expertise and competence of translating the English language into Danish, Swedish, Spanish, German, or French and vice-versa. It provides a reliable sample context to produce a...
- Romantic Juvenal: Translation, Annotation, and Allusion. Edson, Michael // Wordsworth Circle;Summer2008, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p85
This article discusses topics related to Romantic Juvenal translation, annotation and allusion. It states that Romantic translation of Juvenal is different from other types of translation. It explains that after 1785, there were more notes in classical translations which also focus more on...
- Applicable Technology. Mollman, Steve // J@pan Inc.;Sep2001, Issue 23, p21
Shares business ideas which emerged from touring the Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute in Kansai Science City, Japan. Demonstration of an automatic language translation system; Details of a Terminator-like humanoid robot; Need for an intermediary of technology ideas.
- Linport addresses translation package compatibility. Melby, Alan; Chandler, Brian; Lommel, Arle // MultiLingual;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p45
The article focuses on the Language Interoperability Portfolio (Linport) project that would address the translation package compatibility problem including high overhead while maintaining all relevant project matter together in an organized and efficient manner. The main purpose of the project...
- City pays closer attention to immigrant New Yorkers. Persaud, Felicia // New York Amsterdam News;7/31/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 32, p14
The article focuses on the Executive Order 120, mandating that all organizations run by New York City provide telephone, oral and written translation services in French Creole, Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Korean and Italian. Under this order, the immigrants from six populations based in the city...
- How to avoid pitfalls. // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/12/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p7
Presents tips to avoid problems with translation. Significance of planning the layout of the document; Identification of the European languages with an expansion; Translation of the glossary and approval prior to translation of maintext.
- LANGUAGE EXPRESS. // World Almanac for Kids;2003, p105
Presents a list of English words and their translations in Spanish, French, German, and Chinese.